Chapter 16- Four Figures

"Dang it Matt! You scared the life out of me" Eve said startled
"Sorry didn't mean to scare you" he looked up from the tv "So how's the special training"
"Special training?" She looked confused
"Yeah the training you are getting from Mr. Adam"
"Oh um yeah. That training. It's good so far. I learned a few technics here and there" she lied
Matt nodded "sounds fun. You should get some sleep"
Eve yawned "Maybe your right" she leaped on to her bed. She closed her eyes.

                   Unknown location
  She wiped her forehead. She was sweating like crazy. She had to get the last necklace to her master. Who knows what he would do if she was late again. So she ran down a long hallway, breathing heavily with each step. She stopped at a steel door.
"Master it's me" her squeaky voice yelled after she knocked.
The door slid open. It sent shivers down her spine. She walked in anyway. It was dark. Except for one light. She moved up to it and knelt down.
"Master. The last necklace is here"
He chuckled "That's where you are wrong. Your partner hasn't brought the main one yet. I'm getting impatient"
"Uh master if I may, just give him some time. He's new at this"
"Shut up! I'm tired of waiting. I'm taking action" the master shushed her
"Master what do you mean" she squeaked
  He took the bag from her. Then he took out the box with the necklaces in it. He grinned at his evil thought.
  "Time to meet your new coworkers" He lit a torch and guided her through a cave tunnel. She gulped but kept moving with him. He finally stopped at the end. She saw four tall figures standing in the shadows.
  "Oh don't be afraid. They are on our side. Now time to awake them from their slumber" he took the box over to the tall figures. He took out a scroll.
  "My four gods and goddesses, awake from your eternity of sleep. Serve me as your master. Accept my gift to you as a token of power. Make innocent people cower in fear. Rise my henchmen"
  A series of beaming light shined. The women who followed him, covered her eyes. The master let out a victorious laugh.
  "Master" the four figures blankly said in union
  "Yes. Yes. You will work for me now. By using these necklaces, you'll be able to get me ultimate power"
  "Yes master"
  The women stood in shock. Did her master just bring back the dead?
"I present to you the necklace of nature" he gave a green flower shaped necklace to one of the figures
  "The air necklace" he gave one of them a swirly shaped necklace
  "The water necklace" he gave another one a water drop shaped necklace
  "And the fire necklace" it was in a shape of a flame
  The four figures laughed devilishly. They stopped and took notice of the female partner.
  "Don't worry. She's one of us" the master told them. The women sighed in relief. The master lead all six of them back up.
With them on my side, I'll have that necklace in no time. Just you wait little girl. You don't know what you are up against. He grinned to himself.

Beep. Beep. The alarm clock went off in Eve's room. She hit it lazily like she does every morning.
"Good morning sleeping beauty. It's about time you would wake up"
She opened her eyes and saw Matt fully dressed. "How come you're up so early"
"Well I wanted to get you some breakfast. I've noticed how you are getting a little thin" Matt joked
"I'm not a breakfast person" Eve smiled
"Oh get dressed. I didn't wake up early for nothing" he put one of her ironed outfits on her bed
"Fine, but this school better have good food" she went in to the bathroom to quickly change.
She walked out. Matt was ready and at the door. They walked to the cafe. Eve saw Bailee and ran up to her.
"Good seeing you here" Bailee picked up a plate to go in the line of the breakfast buffet
"Well I was forced" Eve chuckled "Matt was ready when I woke up"
"Funny so was Casper. He said he wanted to get me breakfast" Bailee and Eve both looked at the two guys having a conversation at a table
"The breakfast is good here" Bailee said picking up a doughnut
"Sure smells like it" Eve said licking her lips. They both laughed.
The four sat down to have breakfast together. Eve thought about how coincidental it was for both of them to be having breakfast that day. It's probably nothing. She shook off the thought and enjoyed the meal with her friends.
"How's the training coming along" Casper asked Eve and Matt
"Good. Except for the part when we got a C in the exam for someone taking a nap" Matt answered
"Hey I was tired" Eve protected herself
"Yeah not everyone gets to fall down a mountain in their life you know" Bailee joked. They laughed. It seemed fine, but then Eve got a sudden sick feeling. Her head started to spin.
  "Um Eve are you ok" Casper looked over to her
  "Yeah I'm f-" she collapsed on the floor

  Eve's eyes fluttered open. She was in a room that looked like a doctor's office. It was the nurse's office to be exact. She tried to sit up, but her body ached with every move.
  "Eve you're awake" Matt's worried voice came
  "Where am I" Eve asked
  "You are in the nurse's office. You should rest" Eve gave her some medicine
  She drank it "what happened"
  He sat back down in his chair "you blacked out. You almost fell but I caught you"
  Mr. Adam walked in with papers in his hands. He took a pen out his pocket and started writing.
  "Matt get to class. She'll be fine" he said not looking up from his paper work
  "Yes sir" Matt got up "hope you get well" and was out the door
  Eve nodded. She watched as he left then looked up at Mr. Adam. You know Mr. Adam looks kind of cute when he's working. Ugh what am I saying? Ow my head hurts! She clenched her fist to deal with the pain.
  "So how do you feel" he sat down next to her
  "Um my head hurts a lot, and my body feels like it was hit by a truck" she replied
  "Anything else"
   She actually felt something else inside. "I feel like someone took a piece of me, right out my head. I don't feel whole anymore"
  "Mm okay. You should get some rest. If you feel well enough, go to class. I asked Amber to look after you. I hope to see you in our afternoon meeting as well" then he left Eve alone in the room.
  Why do I feel this way? It couldn't have something to do with the necklace. Would it? Eve tugged on her necklace. It hung ever so elegantly around her neck. It held so much power, yet it looked so innocent to her.