Chapter 45- Shot Dead

Your life can flash before your eyes so fast you don't realize until it happens. Sometimes you don't feel the pain until some else feels it. That someone else might be family or someone you care about. It was someone I really cared about, and I can never let go of him.

  It pierced through the air like a shark waiting to attack. It's sharp poisoned tip watched Eve with the impression of prey. It sank its teeth into her shoulder with force. Piper lowered her gun in terrified astonishment. Eve fell to her knees with agonizing pain.

  "I just- wow- what did I- I'm-" she stuttered. Her hands shook as she watched Eve. 

  Then she was knocked back by something. It slammed her into the wall causing her to go unconscious. Sir Trent held up is arm, clearly angry.

  "Trent- I can't breath" Eve gasped. Matt ran over to her. Mr. Woods yanked the dart out of Eve's shoulder. He paused to look at her necklace.

  "Why aren't your healing powers working" Matt tied her hair out of the way.

  I couldn't think. I felt dizzy. Can I see?

Sir Trent turned around, "Eve I'm s-"

  That's when she arrived. "Well I thought the little runt actually did something for once. Poor human can't do anything herself or finish it. Hopefully she stays there" A red cloak walked out of the shadows.

  She pulled her hood back. It revealed golden eyes and black hair in a tight long braid almost down to her knees. She held a tiny flame in her palm. "I'll finish this myself". Her hair lit on fire. Why is that snake on fire?

  "I'm not scared! You think I'm scared of a little flame. I'm tired of you doing whatever you want! Some people care about others" Sir Trent stood up to Scarlet.

  She laughed in his face. With a direct moving of her arm, she created a fire barrier around them.

  "Piper! Scarlet! I'm-" Eve choked on her own spit.

  "Mr.Woods stay here. I'll tie up Piper" Matt set Eve down.

  Mr. Woods shook his head. "No. We have too get out of here. The whole area is covered in heat triggered censors. The master could flood the place"

  "Get Eve and find the others. When she heals herself, she'll help you. I'll stay with Sir Trent." Matt started to wrap Eve's arm with a strip of blanket. He kissed her forehead and proceeded to wrap her in the blanket. Mr. Woods picked her up, and Matt went to Piper.

  Meanwhile, Sir Trent battled Scarlet. It was fire against speed. There was no telling what would happen. Sir Trent ran around her in circles. She tried to fire at him several times but missed. She lit up in rage.

  "Am I to fast for you? Can your pathetic fireballs not reach me in time" He mocked Scarlet, but he seemed to be getting tired the more he ran in circles.

  She burnt parts of her cloak. "Stop running! You are the only coward here mortal! I can see that you are getting tired of running. You'll stop eventually. Might as well stop now". She then started to gush out fire from her hands.

  Mr. Woods threw a small contraption on the wall. "I don't know if it will work, but we don't have time to test it out. Eve get on my back"