Chapter 1 - school day

She stood at the bus stop looking down at her clothes: a pair of worn out sneakers, white t-shirt, ripped jeans, black rain jacket, and the necklace. It hung so elegantly around her neck, shimmering in the sunrise. She zipped her rain coat to hide it. I should probably cover this up.
Hiss! The brakes on the bus screeched. The doors pulled opened as if it was welcoming her to her death. She sighed and hopped on. She sat in the back facing the window. She put her head phones on to shut out the others on the bus. The whole way to school she never took her hand off her necklace.
The bus stopped at the school gates. The kids ran as if their lives depended on it. Here goes nothing. She thought as she crossed the gates of the school. It looked the same as last year. Rooms were changed, but that was it. First period was math for her. She walked down the sixth grade hall to her class. The big day was about to start.
  "Ugh there she is again. Mrs. Goth kill me now. And I thought this school year would be perfect" murmured Alice's friend Kate.
  "Ew I wouldn't want here infecting you Kate. Here let me sit next to you so she doesn't contaminate you" said Alice and her jolly friends laughed.
  Same old classmates too. Wonder if this time I could actually rip there heads off. Nah better not. Just have to survive another school year alone. Alone. Alone. Alone...... The word went around in her head. She had no friends of course. With all the rumors Alice spread it wasn't a surprise. Tap, tap.
  Some one tapped on her shoulder. She shook it off first knowing that who would want to talk to her. But then it came again. Tap, tap. She turned around slowly. Behind her was a black haired girl with a creepy smile. That's odd. I've never seen her before in my life. Surly I should have seen her last year. Eve wondered but couldn't figure out a name.
  "Hey I'm Lee. Just curious, where did you get that necklace" she spoke.
  "Why would you like to know? I found it. It's mine," Eve said quickly.
  "Oh I just wanted to know where you got it that's all," she replied with the same creepy smile.
  "Mhm, sorry," she turned back to the front. Mr. Kent started class, but the whole time she stared off into space. Lee. Lee. I know that name, but from where. Most have heard it over the intercom. But I always change classes. I should have already seen her at least once. It couldn't be possible. Unless she's new. Yes, new! That was it! It has to be! But why would she ask about my necklace. She looked down. Impossible! When she looked down, she saw that the necklace was perfectly covered by her jacket. How did she know? Odd. That's odd.

  Ding! The bell went off. Kids ran out the classroom for lunch. Eve walked casually out the door only to be pulled back by someone pulling on her hoodie. 
  "Hey want to eat with me," greeted Lee.
  "Why?" Asked Eve
  "Because, silly that's what friends do," Lee giggled.
  "Friends?" Eve had no time to argue. Lee pulled her arm and raced to the café.
Too noisy. Eve thought as Lee pulled her through the crowed. Kids laughed and talked. It was annoying her. They went through the cramped line only to be served crud food that looked like it was fresh out the garbage. Then Lee sat them down at a round, sticky table. Great so much for being lonely.
  "So tell me about yourself," Lee chewed her soggy burger.
  "What do you want to know," Eve picked at her food
  "Well I know you have brown hair, tan skin, and hazel eyes, but I want to know your personality. You know, the things I can't see," she did that creepy smile again.
  "Uh.... well. I like the color blue," Eve smiled awkwardly.
  "That's it?" Laughed Lee.
  "Well.... I like to draw? I don't know."
  "C'mon you can tell me more than that." Lee drank her milk that was expired.
"Well I love to be alone. Like how this morning I was alone. But then my brother showed up, ate my cereal, and was a total d.... Sorry," she apologized, "then my mom, she tries to make me something I'm not all the time. I can't be myself because she disapproves. My little angel of a sister gets everything she cries for. I feel like the only time I can be alone is where I found this necklace!" She burst out
"Where did you find that necklace? Just curious," Lee asked
  Tears streaming down her face, Eve got up and choked, "I have to go," she ran for the doors. She could hear the laughter of Alice and her friends. She ran down the halls unsure where to go. Teachers screamed her name as she ran through the front doors and out the school. She yanked her bike off the rack. The only place she felt like going to was not home, but exactly where she told Lee. The place she found the necklace. Her secret hideout was the only safe place left.
  Sweat ran down her face. Twin street? Was that the right road? I don't know anymore. The wind picked up and rain dripped down on her ripped hoodie. Her breath was heavy. She saw the tree now with the self made door slightly open. She threw her bike in a bush. She pulled the handle open and slammed the door behind her. She cried. She had no idea why, but it felt good. Just to sit there and cry. No one was there, so who would care. Knock, knock.
  Eve went silent. Someone had followed her there.
  "Eve? Is that you in there?" Lee's high pitched voice came.
  "What... what do you want?" she sniffled
  "Is this the place you found the necklace?" Lee's voice was serious.
  "Why do you care so much for a stupid necklace? It's probably just a piece of garbage," she replied.
  "Just let me in," Lee knocked again.
  "Why do you want it so bad? Tell me," Eve insisted.
  "Make this easy please. Just let me in," Lee pressured.
  "No. We just met anyway. How do I know you won't stab me?"
  "Fine." Lee sighed.
  "Okay talk," Eve didn't let her in.
  "The thing is I haven't been entirely truthful." Lee said.
  Eve cracked the door open to see if Lee was lying. Lee's face was dead serious. "Okay come in."
  "Well the thing is....." Lee started.
  They started the conversation, but they had no idea a dark figure stood outside the door. And he was listening to every word they said. He smirked. Perfect. My plans are full to go. He laughed in his head.