Prologue

A/N
Hi everybody!
Welcome to this new story. I am currently editing this book, so you will be able to read all the chapters, but I will often update some with all the necessary changes. If you find a mistake I shall correct, please feel free to comment the way I can do it as soon as possible. Thank you for all the support. Enjoy!

August, the 15th 2013

Hide, hide, hide, hide...
I can't move or they'll find me. And I'd die. A new wave of pain comes across my chest as I realise my parents have just been killed and I'm the last hope my kingdom has.

Then I hear them. They're shouting my name, inviting me to show up and not to hide anymore, trying to convince me I don't have to be scared. I know they're lying. They're warriors of the pack next to mine and their Alpha is leading them to kill all Royals in the country to become the only King himself.
I don't remember his name. I only know he's 4 years older than me and he acts like this to avenge his father's death.

" Find her or I'll kill you" I hear a man shouting to his warriors. I think he's their Beta. I can feel the power kept in his low voice. They haven't even shifted into wolf form yet, they think I'm too weak to fight them all.

And I am.

I can only hope they'll change their minds, after all I'm only a sweet little girl. I mean no threat to them, I'm not the heir. My brother is, or, at least, was. But he could come back to us, apologise and lead the kingdom. I really hope so.

I hear a low growl behind me. It's over. But then, the wolf comes into view and I recognise him: he's my father's butler, mr Adams, and I know he won't hurt me.

I'm safe.

I jump on his back and he purrs. Then he starts to run, without looking back, faster than I had ever imagined he could afford. It was amazing, we flash through the woods at wolf speed, no one is chasing us and I suddenly feel at home.

We arrive right in front of my castle and I touch the wooden door, that opens immediately, showing me a crowd of worried people that was waiting for me. They are my subjects, my higher priority. I greet them all, but hope to find a pair of dark eyes amongst them. He's not there. They all stare at me in expectation, while mr Adams nods, as to invite me to say something a true Alpha would say. I feel my energy grow stronger as I understand I am now their leader, their only hope and light.

" My dear subjects" I say " I know I'm young and I'm not the alpha all of you are wishing to have, but I'm ready to fight for you. I'm here to become your queen and to look after you more than I do of myself and until my last breath I promise you I will. So, will you accept me?" The room becomes silent, everyone is thinking. My life depends on this choice.

Mr Adams comes closer, puts his hand on my shoulder and shouts " I will!" .I smile weakly towards him and wait silently.

Then, every single werewolf in the room stands and shouts " Moon goddes save the queen!" . I can't help crying. My people chose me. I'm their queen. But will I be ready for this great burden that has just killed my parents? Have I made the right choice?

2 weeks later

I have to keep on trying. It's hard and painful but I have to make it for my subjects. I have to shift. That's why I'm training this hard. After the shifting I'll learn which is my special power and I'll be able to take care of my fellow subjects. Every Royal have their special ability: my mum could see the future and my dad could change his aspect and look like another werewolf. I don't know what's mine. But I know I must find it.

I try once more, believing that I won't fail anymore. Suddenly I start shivering hard, and, right when I'm starting to think that I couldn't afford this and that probably I'm going to die because of it, I shift.

I scream in joy as I shift back and run into the kitchen to tell mr Adams and Mrs Stain.
" Mr Adams! I shifted! I'm a real werewolf now, I can become the queen my people was hoping to be led by!" I shout.
He smiles widely at me and hugs me proudly, like my father would have done if he were still here. It's the best day I've had since my parents died.

"Show me" he says.I turn my back at him and shift. A terrified scream comes from his mouth as I complete shifting. What's wrong with him?

"This can't be..." He whispers. I shift back and cover myself with a towel and ask him what was going on.

"There's a prophecy about you my queen" he says " you'll become great but no one except for your mate could ever see you wolf or they'll die. You are as powerful as cursed, my dear." And then, shivering, he dies.

--------------------------------------
Hi guys,
I know that it's awful but it'll become amazing in a while.
Just a few Infos about me:
1. I'm Italian, so sorry if there are grammar mistakes
2. I decided to write this down because I was annoyed by all those stories about mates where she is quite stupid and weak and he is wonderful.
3. I like comments so please leave a few of them if you enjoy the story!
So... Hope you'll enjoy this guys :)