Chapter 12: What a Queen should do

Amber's POV
" Perfect." I say grimacing. " I want to have the pleasure to kill him with my bare hands".
At the thought of him dead both Stash and I smile and I once again get lost in his now sparkling blue eyes.
They hold such a strong need to get his revenge I couldn't help but smile even more broadly at the thought he would save me, no matter what or who tried to threat me. I tuck a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and watch as the expression on his face changes.

He leans closer and closer, the way our noses are nearly touching and looks straight in my eyes. My blood is begging for his touch, my mind too busy getting lost in his ocean eyes. "Nod " my wolf begs in my mind. A small part of me wants all of this to stop, ashamed even of wanting her enemy's touch, but his intense emotions cut that little voice down and I find myself nodding, begging for more.

His eyes lighten up before shining gold in lust and love and his soft lips suddenly find mines. At the beginning it's just a soft kiss, our lips just brushing tenderly, but then it all becomes more violent. We are fighting for the leadership, his lips parts up and his tongue finds his way into my mouth, shifting under the pressure of my teeth. A moan escapes my lips as he leaves my mouth to let me breath and begins to assault my neck, licking and nipping my soft skin, intoxicating me with his masculine scent.

His hands are roaming on my body freely, touching every inch,every single shape of my skin. He shifts our position the way he is over me and continues with the kisses, marking my skin and leaving love bites on it. I grab his soft golden hair and pull him closer, still wanting more, when he suddenly stops.

" Amber... I won't be able to stop if we go further" he pants, looking at me with eyes full of lust.
" O-okay" I stutter and he immediately lifts his body off me, sitting back on the sofa and staring at me with eyes full of regret. What!?! Why is he regretting this? Maybe it's because I can't kiss, maybe I've failed him, maybe...

" I-I'm sorry... I-I... Have never learnt to k-kiss well and..." I try to apologise lowering my gaze the way he won't be able to see the tears forming in my eyes. Wait... What!?!? Why am I even apologising!?! If he wants me to be like Samantha, a perfect and well trained bitch, he can even forget he is my mate. My mate!?
" Finally you understood it my sweet little human..." My wolf giggles happily.

" Amber... Look at me please. I'm not disappointed or regretful. I'm only mad at that vampire for having touched you. You are mine." He growls.
"Finally" my wolf purrs.
I smile broadly at his words and make an attempt to kiss him again, but a sudden thought stops me from doing it: where are Eric and Mellanhar?

At the sudden awareness of their disappearance, my eyes widen, causing Stash to stare at me with a confused and sad expression.
" S-Stash? Where are Eric and Mellanhar?" I ask him. His face lightens up for a moment, then darkens again while he says,
" I don't know. They weren't there when I brought you here."

" What if they are in danger?" I whisper thoughtfully.
" Why don't you mind-link Eric?" Stash suggests rightfully.

" Eric?" I yell in my head.
No answer.
" Eric! Wake up!" I repeat, this time trying to be more focused on demanding him to answer instead of staring at Stash's lips while he bites them nervously.
This time I feel something in the connection. Eric has woken up.

" Come on Eric, wake up!" I demand again.
" Q-Queen Amber... I'm here... Sorry if I didn't answer, but vampires drugged me" he replies and I feel his anger raising at the thought of vampires poisoning him.