Chapter 35: My love

Amber's POV

" Why would they recognise us, uh? We're just an Alpha and his Luna on his honeymoon... if you didn't find out who I really was, why would they?" Alexander tells me trying to have me calmed down. We're walking down the Main Street here, in Forks, having eventually managed to get rid of that Johnny, who I'd just 'convinced' we really needed to go somewhere important while he would write down informations about us on his booking papers. Luckily, he was easy to fool: even though I'm a very skilled mind-reader, he was already doing whatever I asked him for, attracted by my sexy curvy body.

" We are too powerful to be a 'simple Alpha and his Luna', they will notice that. But first, they would have to find us. Besides, we really need to get to a clothes shop: it's 4pm and I want to take a shower before we manage to Skype the guys." Alexander knows I'm right. As always. Ahah.

" Oh yeah, miss I'm-always-right, and, tell me, how are we going to pay for your clothes?" My mate tells me in a mocking tone. Do I really have to teach him everything?

" Watch me. Let's go." I wink at him and gesture him to continue walking. He wants to go to an expensive shop selling haute couture, probably the only one in that small city, but I opt for a much cheaper and commercial shop. After having complained for a couple of minutes, he eventually gives in and follows me inside.

I grab a pair of black leggings that seem comfy and a long large checked red and black shirt with some cotton stickers on it. We need to seem the most ordinary teenage couple in the world. I turn around, looking for the fitting rooms, and spot a worried looking Alexander trying to find something appropriate to wear in that mess of low-priced clothes and cheap-shopping maniacs. He's definitely feeling desperately out of place.

" Try this ones, okay? And smirk a little, it will mask your royal attitude." I tell him handing him a pair of blue jeans that seem long enough for his wonderful legs and a fitted black t-shirt that I know will create a wonderful contrast with his pale skin and almost white hair. He'll look like an Hollywood star. Well, an Hollywood star undercover.

" A-alright..." he says grabbing the clothes and leading me towards the fitting rooms. Werewolves are very fast at getting undressed, we need to shift quite often and we usually don't have time to lose getting our clothes off. Ten minutes later we're outside, rushing towards the hotel.

" You shouldn't have enchanted that guy... " Alex tells me while running. We aren't getting tired or breathless, so he simply talks to me as if we weren't running fast but simply having a coffee at Starbucks.

" Start panting, everyone is staring at us." I tell him through the mind link and then answer, panting slightly,

" I know... but I had no choice." I really need new clothes. I need a bra, mine has ripped off and running without one is really uncomfortable. I know we should have paid. But we had been stolen our money buy that bitch of an oracle, so...

" I will send them some money, okay?" I try reassuring my mate. He smirks and nods. Good. We eventually get to the hotel and rush in, the way, we hope, Johnny can't possibly spot us getting in. And, for the Moon's sake, luckily he really doesn't. Our room is the 13. I know humans consider that number unlucky. Strange. I enter the room and give a look at it: it seems quite clean and ordinary, all made in wood coloured in light blue and green. The bed doesn't seem that comfy, but I'm sure it will go. Alexander doesn't seem that convinced, lingering out of the room unsure about whether he should get in or not, but he eventually shrugs and walks towards my messed up figure sat on the bed.

" It's 4:45 pm. Go first. I'll wait." He tells me indicating the toilet's door. I smile at him, stand up and walk towards the door, grabbing my new clothes. Before getting in, however, I notice he's quite sad, then I drop everything and rush next to him.