Chapter 10: Fighting for the crown (part 2)

Amber's POV
" Dragons have attacked us, once again. I believe fairies know why, or am I wrong?" Warlocks' council chief, Igor Ryonisius, sarcastically asks the council while looking at me. 

" Of course you are, Ryonisius. Why would Amber harm a dragon army against us?" Athion asks sarcastically looking at him.

" They don't obey everyone Athion, you know it better than me. Last time they attacked was five hundreds years ago and I'm pretty sure it was the Fairies' Queen who used to lead them with her powerful crown, wasn't she?" Ryonisius replies angrily.

" Warlocks have powerful magic too, and so do mermaids and demons and vampires. You can't say it's my fault just because of this." I reply trying to be convincing: that Ryonisius has always been such a pain in the ass! Everyone look at me, shock visible on their Royal faces.

" What I suggest the Council is to investigate more on this attacks and find the real culprit, we have spiked too much innocent blood, we can't just blame the first one on the spot." I say diplomatically. Sometimes I forget the Council is not part of the werewolf world, the winner isn't who is stronger, but who is smarter.

" Sure, why don't we investigate more the way you and your pups have the time to start getting prepared for a war!?" Ryonisius shouts sarcastically.

" No one has the right to call one of the most ancient species created by the Moon Goddess herself  'pups'. I suggest you switch on your brain before you open your mouth, Ryonisius!" I hiss back at him, my golden flares already encircling me protectively.

" I'm not afraid of you, little pup. You're just a woman, after all!" He yells at me, but I notice his eyes showing fear: even if he said the opposite thing, he's afraid of me.

" Ryonisius, dude, calm down. She's still a Queen, try to remember it. I agree with Amber to investigate more, and suggest each of us pick some warriors to be part of the group who will do the patrolling. Everyone agree?" For the first time in my life King Sebastiano of the demons agrees with me. He's a tall guy around his twenties, with dirty blond hair and  big black eyes and a really arguable outfit: ripped jeans, black t-shirt and black trainers. He never gets dressed decently, even during balls and meetings. I know he was born in Italy, so he sometimes uses Italian expressions and when he gets angry his accent becomes more noticeable.

" I do. I suggest Khrisab and Eiliar to be part of the patrolling team as representatives of the Vampire Kingdom." It was Edward Black who spoke, the Vampire King. He is a really handsome man, who seems to be almost in his twenties, with jet black hair and stunning blue eyes. He's wearing a tailored blue suit that matches with his eyes. Noticing I am staring at him, he winks at me mimicking the word 'later'. 

" I'm sorry Ryonisius but I have to agree with Sebastiano. We can't blame Amber for something I'm sure she didn't even know. I suggest Kyria and Alice to be part of the team." This time is Athion who speaks, his long wavy hair shaking as he nods in agreement.

" I want Kristar and Alan to join the team, but they'll be able to patrol only during the night, we can't stand sunlight." Sebastiano announces blinking. Only me and Ryonisius have left.

" Fine, if you trust her then... Ceylon and Nylia will come to join your team" Ryonisius says with an angry tone.

" Of course I agree. I'll send with you my Beta, Eric, and one of my bodyguards, Eijab. If something happens to them, no matter what, a war will start. And I know how to be merciless" I proclaim, golden flares sparkling while I tell the last few words. They all nod in acknowledgement. 

" So... We've got a deal, haven't we?" Sebastiano asks playfully, a mischievous smile cropping up on his face.
" I believe.." I reply still astonished by his reaction.