Chapter 28: Prove to be mine

Amber's POV

" A spy!? My King... Who is him, or her...?" Captain Smith asks Alexander, his face as pale as the one Queen Antoinette of France must have had while they cut her head.

" I can't tell you, my kind friend. The moment I tell his or her name, my brother will have an advantage. But I can tell you is no one amongst us here." He answers him padding his shoulder. Then, he comes closer to me and hugs me tight whispering,

" No one will touch you baby, I promise." Everybody looks away while I stare into his eyes, unable to say even one of all the words I have compressed in my head.

" I'm afraid." I finally confess through mind link. He smiles widely, a real smile, that tells me he's happy I have finally trusted him and told him my deepest secret: I am scared.

" Me too." He answers grimacing a little bit. But his smile comes back quickly as he leans in and kills me passionately, not minding that our Captain, one warrior, one of my best men and my best friend are staring at us with that annoying expression that remembered a sugared marshmallow.

" We should leave now." I tell everybody breaking our kiss. They all shake a little bit and then follow the instructions we had given them: Mr Smith and the warrior get into the lift to get back into Celia's house, while me, Alex, Diara and Jake exit the hotel followed by an annoying receptionist who keeps informing us on the hotel's highlights in weddings.

" Okay dude, that's enough!" Alexander tries to advise him, his anger rising at the moment the little sweated man tries to sell us a "secret marriage for couples against law". A deep growl exits his mouth as the same now more frightened little man tries to convince us that the government wouldn't check our age even the moment we divorced.

" I-I didn't mean to offend you, my King... You must have misunderstood my intention to..." He begins to say, his voice as sweet as the honey but his eyes full of the ancestral fear only werewolves can cause.

" Shut up. Now." Alex threats him. The little man immediately leaves us, bowing respectfully and apologising for having a few important things to do. Coward.

" Finally..." Alex whispers tiredly annoyed.

" Man... You've scared the shit out of him!" Jake tells Alex with a hint of sarcasm in his voice: he doesn't like Alex's bad boy side. He told me he's afraid he was going to show that side even with me, and I wouldn't be able to protect myself against my own mate.

" I am the werewolf King, Jake. People must be scared of me as they are of the hell." Alexander states, the hint of a smile slowly appearing on his handsome face: just like a kid, he likes to play with the fire.

" They don't know who you are. They could call police. And police means checks on you and your underaged mate."Jake says rightfully, his voice remembering me of my father's wise one.

" I'd kill them all if they'll try to touch me or my mate." He replies, his protective side now recognisable.

" We don't want to start a war, Alex." My best friend's mate tries to calm him down while getting inside the car we've just reached and starting firing up the engine while we fasten our belts and get ready for the long ride that's waiting for us.

" Let me choose who to fight with, Jake." Alex coldly states, his arm slowly hugging me protectively.

" As you wish, My King." Jake coldly ends the conversation riding us firmly out of the parking right on the freeway that would lead us to our destiny.

Half an hour later we're still in the car, the lights of Las Vegas no more in sight, the hot sand of the desert shining golden around us. Alexander and Jake haven't talk to each other yet, the uncomfortable silence amongst them getting thicker each passing second, making the atmosphere in the car unbearable.