Chapter 27: Lewis coming

Alex's POV

" What's wrong my Love?" I ask Amber once we're alone inside our room. She's worriedly staring at the wall while absently playing with the rich cover where she is sat on. Her eyes contain a glint of golden light: this means she is mind linking someone and, judging from her worried face, that someone must be Eric.

" We have been attacked." She simply states, her face getting paler than before. My eyes widen as I shout,

" What? Who? Where? When? And why...?" She smiles a little bit and invites me to sit next to her, making me remember she's still in heat and I shouldn't have left her side. I immediately reach her and hug her tightly, enjoying the sigh of relief she heaves as my arms encircle her.

" Oh, I think you know it. Think: what could we have that could worth an attack to the centre of the Our Kingdom?" She asks me giving me a pointed look.

" Josh..." She smiles worriedly and nods in agreement. So that's what happened: her brother tried or succeeded, I really don't know it, freeing my brother, or better say, her other brother from the dungeon where she had put him after he had said he wanted to merry her. Yeah, I know, we are an average family, aren't we?

" Did they succeed?" I ask her after a while.

" No, my Beta and Gamma arrived just in time. They organised your army just in time. Lewis attacked with 35 well-trained wolves, but we overwhelmed them in number and ability." She answers precisely: this is when her training as a warrior comes visible.

" Survivors?" I ask her again.

" Three wolves, one Alpha. Lewis escaped." I notice she never call him brother. This means her words were true and she really didn't consider him as a brother anymore.

" Hmm... Good job. We can interview the Alpha." I say squeezing her,  feeling her quite cold skin pressed on mine.

" He will speak." She states and I can almost see the dangerous smirk on her gorgeous lips. Thinking of her lips makes me want to kiss her so bad I can't help but shifting her position and lean closer to her, already tasting her sensual scent on my tongue. Our lips crush in a moaning melody and soon enough I find my shirtless self topping her body laid on the bed. We would continue forever, kissing passionately on the bed in an expensive suite, forgetting everything but our love, but we haven't eaten anything since we had our breakfast back in the castle, so my stomach starts to grumble loudly, causing her to break the kiss and smile at me raising one eyebrow.

" I see the grandpa's hungry..." She jokes seductively. I believe she's hungry too, though, judging by the speed she used to stand up and reach the door saying,

" Time to eat." I stand up and open the door for her, smirking seductively as I joke back,

" If the baby behaves well, she might gain some sweets." She bursts out laughing and attempts to give me a sweet kiss on my cheek, but I turn my head the way I gain a peck on the lips instead of the kiss she planned to concede me. She smiles widely and takes my hand, following me through the corridor out of the hotel inside the Italian restaurant where I had already booked our dinner.

" Where are you leading me?" She asks me confusingly as we exit the hotel after having been greeted by the man at the reception.

" Surprise..." I answer in French. She smiles at me and replies,

" Je suis curieuse..."

----- I'm curious - from French ---------

After a few minutes walking in the immense streets, we eventually get to the restaurant, which is on the last floor of a skyscraper situated in the middle of the artificial city. I cover her eyes with my hands as the lift starts going up, wanting her to enjoy the view from the top of the building. The doors open and in a blink of an eye a young man in tuxedo approaches us giving a lustful look at Amber and asking us if we had booked.