Chapter 2: Training

Amber's POV

I watch as the blond guy and Zac leave the throne room to start their training. They're so amusing, Zac with his red hair and soft cheeks and that guy, Stash, with golden hair and royal features. I think he'll be a good warrior. Maybe in the afternoon I could visit the pack training room and see what my warriors are capable of. Yes, I think I will.

I turn around and head back to my throne, deep in thoughts. There's something in that guy... He doesn't seem a rogue at all. He knows exactly how to behave with a member of the Royal family and that's quite strange for someone that isn't supposed to know any of them. And then there's the way he walks: too royal to be a rogue. I must find out who he really is.

Anyway, I'm still the Queen, rogues or not, and so I have to solve the issues that could make my kingdom vulnerable.

" Driana, could you please come into the throne room with Eric?" I say in my mind.

"Of course, my queen" She replays politely.

I wait for my maid and my Beta sitting on my throne when I receive a strange black letter from an unknown enemy. It seems to come from nowhere I can see and says:

My dear queen,
I'm looking forward to the day you'll love me as much as I already love you. You are the perfect Queen for my kingdom. Our children will be called ' gods of blood' by our people. Tell your mate his end is near.
- S

I'm still shocked by the message when Eric and Driana rush into the room and start staring at me as a worried expression appears on their faces.

"M-my queen...? W-what happened?" She asks, giving me a look of confusion.

" N- nothing, it's nothing. I was only remembering that today it's Jake' s birthday and I haven't bought him a present yet." I lie.

" Oh... Don't worry about that Miss, he doesn't like presents... He'll be happy just knowing you remembered of him!" Jake is her mate, then I knew that if I pulled out the topic, she wouldn't be able to think about anything but him.

Eric, however, doesn't seem really convinced and tries to make me confess asking me politely what I was holding in my left hand.

" None of your business Eric. We'd better talk about the Silver River pack, though" I replay in a firm voice tone that matches the cold look I send him to avoid any other questions about that.

" Sure. The Silver River pack is lead by Edmund Whitesin, son of Carl Whitesin, leader of one of the groups of wolves that killed the King and the Queen 3 years ago." He says, trying not to shiver when he looks at my blank face. I don't like remembering what happened that night.

" And... He wants you dead my Queen" Eric speaks without even a bit of fear: I know he doesn't believe anyone could ever hurt me. Physically, at least.

" Perfect. When he'll come, I'll be ready to welcome him properly." I say with a dangerous smile.

" Of course my Queen, but you must know he has one of the strongest pack in the area. I suggest you better increase the number of wolves in our army" Eric says frankly.

" I will personally assist their training today and decide if increasing their number could be helpful. Ten men cannot make the difference. Ten hearts can." I tell him firmly.