Chapter 11: A bloody dinner

Amber's POV

" What do you think about this outfit?" I ask the guys while entering in the room where they were waiting for me. I'm wearing a short black dress that barely covers my thighs and my breast. My long brown hair have been pulled up in a braid and I have put mascara, black eyelash and red lipstick on.

" You are stunning." Mellanhar said, his mouth falling open. I blush and look away, even if I know I'm an extremely hot girl, I don't like when guys start appreciating my body.

" Wait... Are you fûcking telling me you're going out with that jerk wearing that!?!?" Stash cries out. 

" Yes. That's what I wear when someone asks me to go out so..." I reply trying to sound confident.

" My Queen, maybe he's right, that dress is too... It leaves too less space to the imagination" Eric argues.

" And that's exactly why I'm wearing it! Edward must believe I like him or he won't tell me what he's planning to do." I argue back.

" You-are-not-wearing-that" Stash hisses while shaking in anger and growling loudly. 

" Yes, I am" I hiss and growl: I am the Queen here, not him.

" No, you aren't" 

" He's jealous! That's a good sign, you ungrateful human" my wolf enthusiastically yells out. 

" Oh my..." 

Stash has reached the door and is now blocking me to get out with his massive body. 

" Stash! Don't you dare!" I yell at him.

" Move away pup!" Eric growls, not liking him disobeying to his Queen.

" Come on Stash, you're overreacting!" Mellanhar stated calmly.

" I'm not! He'll try to rape her and we won't be able to save her!" He confesses, blushing deeply at the sight of the other's amused expression. 

" He won't! He can't" I shout convincingly staring at him and hoping he would understand why.

" You don't understand! Vampires are old, old enough to know how to disable your shield! Once you get pregnant, you won't be able to refuse him anymore, the bond would be too strong!" He says now sounding aware of what he's saying.

" Guys, can you please leave us alone?" I ask Mellanhar and Eric. Stash has to calm down, or tonight will be a complete mess. 

" Sure" they nod and leave the room bowing.

" Why are you so afraid, Stash?" I ask him stepping closer.

" I'm not afraid, Amber. I just don't want to lose you." he lowers his blonde head and I'm not able to see his worried blue eyes anymore.

" Cute" my wolf purrs, making me feel the love I know she already feels for him. And I'm tired to hide my feelings from him: after the Meeting I swear I'll confront him and we'll finally be able to admit that we simply fell in love. 

" But why? What do you think will happen?" I cry at him while grabbing his hand and eventually feeling the familiar sparks his touch gives me.

" I don't know... I had this strange feeling and so I did some researches and found out vampires have a potion that allows them to let werewolves faint and get weaker. So I thought: what if he manages to drug you with this illegal potion, than rapes you and gets you pregnant? You, the kingdom and the baby would be completely in his power, he'd be your rightful owner. You'd become his slave and he'll rule the kingdom you've barely died for. I can't allow this, I can't." He explained his theory looking at me straight in the eye, convincing me he could be right. I squeezed his hand and tried to disable my shield to have the strength to hug him, but failed in doing so and scoffed impatiently.