Chapter 25: The Oracle (part one)

Alex's POV

"Celia I know it isn't an easy pill, but... You had to know the truth." I say after a while. My sister begged us to tell her the truth and, after a few minutes of mind linking, Amber and I decided to speak openly and be honest with her.

" Yeah don't worry... I've got used to bad news in these few days..." Cee eventually says looking tired. Amber lowers her gaze sadly.

" Cee..." I scolded her through mind link. She shook a bit and then said loudly,

" Sorry Amber, I wasn't thinking of what I was saying..." She apologises regretfully.

" N-no... Don't worry... I-I understand you."Amber replies smiling weakly. The effect of my mark is starting to fade and I know she's starting to suffer again for the heat. I move towards her and hug her tightly in order to make her feel better, gaining one of her wide smiles back.

" We should leave..." Amber says absently after a while. Celia stands up and starts to exit the room apologising for having stolen us so much time, considering Amber was sick and everything, but my surprising mate stops her saying,

" No don't go. I'll need your help too." We both stare at her in astonishment: she's sitting on the sofa, her body visibly weak, but her eyes full of determination. She must have been thinking of a solution.

" What did you find out?" I ask her now curious. Celia sits back on the sofa she was on before, her elbows on her knees and her face lighten up in curiousness.

" I need a book from the library called: "Tiding up the tides" and a laptop. Also a credit card, it seems we're travelling by airplane." Amber answers us while leaning closer to me: heat is starting to get painful. Celia eyes her for a while, her big sky blue eyes so similar to mines narrowed in the attempt to understand my mate's thoughts. We have both inherited our curiosity for my mother. She couldn't make a decision until she knew everything about it. I remember once my father tried to get her on a secret date: he planned every single detail, then told her they had to leave for a werewolf convention and took her to a very chic restaurant. The only problem was that she had already found everything out. When they got there she started laughing telling him she knew where they were going and goodbye to the romance dinner.

" Alright I'll go grab all of this stuff... It seems you'll have to use your money, bro." Celia says smiling while standing up once again and leading towards the door.

" Oh I can use mine if that's a problem, I don't want to heave on your country's treasure." Amber exclaims worriedly.

" It's our country now, my Love. Go grab my card, Cee." I tell her smiling and kissing her lightly on her lips.

" Oh please, don't be this sweet!" Celia shouts while running out of the room like if she has seen a monster instead of the two of us being a little romance. Teenagers!

" Hey! Do you have something against teenagers, grandpa!?" Amber asks me pretending to be mad at me. Sometimes I forget how young she is.

" It depends... Do you have something against hot guys in their early twenties, little girl?" I joke back smiling at her.

" I don't know any of them, you know... What do you think about them?" She says grinning evilly. Ah! How could she be more perfect!? She's the only one for me, I know it. She's beautiful and clever and funny and tender and... I love her so much. I lean in and kiss her passionately, feeling her smile on my lips, enjoying the taste of her fresh and sensual scent. She moans deeply and I start feeling her thoughts: she's thinking of me, of how much she loves me and...

" Have you just been thinking of how hot my body is?" I ask her smirking seductively, causing her to blush deeply and snapping me lightly on my left arm.