Chapter 7: Indecision

Amber's POV
I wake up in my room, barely remembering what has happened before I passed out. As soon as I realise I am now the Queen of the fairies' court I jump out of my sheets and go into the bathroom to have a shower. While I'm cleaning up, enjoying the cool water and refreshing my mind, I mind-link Zac.
Zac? Are you there?
My Queen! Are you still in your room? We've got to talk...
Yes, I am...
I'm coming.
No, Zac. Stop. I'm under the shower...
'Want me to join you?
Oh my god... That guy should really shut his mouth up!
Zac...
What!? I was joking, of course... What have you all done today! You seem so...
We?? Who are you talking about?
Well, first Eric has almost killed Stash because he didn't want to leave you alone in your room...
My heart stops.
What? Is he okay now?
Stash is, Eric has a broken nose and a really angry mood...
Aha! My Stash had defeated him! Wait a second... My Stash!?! Who am I talking about?!?!? Shit, I'm not thinking clearly. Stash isn't mine, and I'm not his. As the fairies' former Queen said, I'm Alpha Redmoon's. At this thought I almost faint and curse loudly, causing water to fall on the floor. I'm just trying to dry it and clear my thoughts better when someone calls me:
"Amber?! Are you there? Did you fall? Oh, damn it! Answer me or I'm going to kick off this door and come in!"
I recognise Stash's worried voice, so sweet and masculine. Oh... What's up with me today!?!
" No! Stash, I'm alright thank you. Wait over there I'm coming out."
I get dressed and rush out of the bathroom, I have such a urge to see him and talk to him. He's waiting for me with an annoyed expression sat on my bed, his golden hair shining under the sun light.
As I get inside, he raises his head and looks towards me, glancing at my wet hair and then moving his gaze down, studying me as to see if I'm hurt. His expression changes as he notices I'm only wearing shorts and a tank top. I blush violently as his eyes stop on my breast. Then he looks back at me, his eyes shining in desire.
" So... Why were you here, in my room?" I ask him, trying to avoid his gaze.
" I heard you screaming." That's all he said.
" Okay." This time I look at him, our eyes meeting for the first time today.
Something inside me cracks. I could get lost in those blue eyes, as deep as the sea, as shining as the sun, as pure as the wind. They're so beautiful. He's so beautiful.
" How are you, Amber?"
" I'm okay, I only fell in the shower, I didn't..."
" You know what I mean" his expression changes from firm to soft, as he had tried to keep his emotions back but he failed. He leans closer to me and reaches out his hand to touch my cheek, then changes his mind and falls back on my hand, managing to hold and squeezing it. I am holding back my shield, even if it hurts, even if it's painful only to remove it from my hand. He notices I'm quite suffering and a confused expression appears on his handsome face.
" I'm sorry I can't hold it back without suffering, even if I'd like to" I say, a look of concern appearing on my already sad face. He smiles, a pure and sincere smile, and moves back, giving me a mute permission to restore my shield. I smile back at him, not knowing why I've just apologised. He isn't my mate, he has no rights on my emotions. But then why am I so different around him? Why do I feel he is different for me? Could it be... No, my mate is Mr Redmoon, fairies can't lie and my prophecy said I'd be able to lead the world together with my mate only if I defeated my ghosts, and what a better way of defeating ghosts than loving the man you hate most? But what if...
" Stash, can I ask you something?"
" Of course."
" Who were your parents?"
He stares at me blankly, but I can see a worried light behind the mask he has put on. He clenches his wrists and opens his mouth to replay while my anxiety is blowing up in expectation.
Right when he is about to replay, the door opens, revealing an astonished Zac and a worried looking Eric together with an angry Mellanhar.
" My Queen..." Eric begins sounding quite disappointed " this... Fairy wanted to talk with you" he says the name 'fairy' with such an unusual hatred that Mellanhar shivers.
" My Queen, I've come to see if you were still alive,and to tell you the Council has been called. The meeting is tomorrow at 11 o'clock. I've been told to take you to the Council parliament, so I suppose I'll have to ask you if I could be hosted here for tonight." He says, a firm expression on his face.
" Thank you, Mellanhar. Of course you can stay here. We'll have to talk later, so please call even the girls and ask them if they can come too." I tell him smiling. Then I turn around to face Eric, who notices my move and starts to talk.
" My Queen, the WSC (worldwide Supernatural Council) is meeting at Sherazar castle in two days. Mermaids convened it. You'll be able to take only three bodyguards with you. Vampire's King has even asked me if you could contact him later. That's all"
Zac was right, he definitely was quite angry... He hasn't stopped glaring at Stash the whole time. Talking about Stash, he's staring at me, waiting for an answer, his eyes shining at the sight of Eric's angry expression. Boys!
" Perfect. I want you, Stash and Mellanhar to come with me. Zac you'll have to go to the Silver River pack house and find the more information you could about Edmund's alleys. Everything clear?" They nod in agreement.
" Fine. Now move away, I'm starving and I want to eat. Does anyone wants to join me?"
" Yes!" The three of them replay in unison.
I burst into laughters while they glare at each other.