Chapter 19: Backyardan castle

Alexander's POV

" No Jake, we aren't going back to our castle. Take us to Alexander's castle, it's time his people meet me." Amber demands Jake making me straighten up in pride.

" She WANTS to be our Queen!!!" My wolf howls happily and proudly.

" As you wish, lovebirds." Jake says smirking while firing up the immense black car we are in. In the meanwhile Amber starts checking her dress, hair and make up in the small mirror she has positioned on the back of the driver's seat.

" Are you nervous, honey?" I ask her tilting my head. Amber has killed the fairies' most powerful Queen and now she's afraid of a few servants! That's my girl...

" No!" Deep breath." Maybe..." Deep breath, again. Wow, she's really trying to open her heart. " Okay, I'm nervous. I-It's just that... What if they hate me and choose not to follow us anymore?" She confesses worriedly.

" Hey... Look at me. They'll love you, I'm sure about this.When they'll see what an amazing Queen you are, they'll accept you without even blinking. Stop worrying, Amber. You're perfect just the way you are." I reassure her squeezing her hand lightly. She leaves my hand immediately, worrying again. I can't help frowning, again.

" Alex... I'm sorry I'm just a bit tired. Disable my shield has become easier but it's still as painful as ever. I'm sorry." She apologizes frowning again. I hug her despite the shield and she lays her head on my chest lightly.

" Sleep. We'll be there in an hour. In the meanwhile, rest a bit." I smile and she leans closer to me and cuddles on me.

" Okay, pillow-man. I love you." I chuckle at her nickname and she falls asleep, still smiling. I stare at her in awe for a while when a sudden idea pops up in my mind: I have to inform someone of our arrival or they'll think we're rogues and try to attack us.

" Captain Smith? " I mind link my Master at arms.

" Yes, your Majesty? "

" My mate and I are coming to the castle in a black car. Inform the current patrol team we are not rogues or strangers and get ready to welcome us." I demand.

" As you wish, My King. And congratulations." He replies politely. I close the mind-link and get back to stare at my sleeping beauty.

" You two are a great couple, I'm glad she finally found her mate. Driana and I were quite worried about her, you know..." Jake says winking at me.

" Yes... I saw her looking at you strangely before... Mind telling me why?" I ask him suspiciously and, hard to admit, jealously.

" It's a very long story..." He says breaking the eye contact.

" We've got time..." I argue threateningly.

" Well... Maybe I'm not sure she does want you to know it..." He states back, his hands tightening on the steering wheel.

" She is my mate. Worry about yours, if you have one...!" I growl loudly, causing Amber to frown.

" Ahaha... I suggest you stop speaking about things you don't know,my King. You may be Amber's mate, but you've never been part of her world like Eric and I did. I'm not going to tell you something she might prefer to hide from you." He says sternly.

" Very well, Jake. You made your move, I'll make mine." I say angrily earning one of his bright smiles back.

" You know, my King, you can't change what you really are. And you're only a bloody puppy. You don't deserve Amber, she's too pure for you." He states firmly. And maybe he's right. Not about the puppy, but about me being only a blood-thirsty man who uses his strength to forget his past. Maybe I'm no more than a fool.