Just like me: phan pt22

*dans pov*

I hit the floor with a blow to the head, my vision blurred and I blacked out, the voices around me faded out slowly. I was partly there and partly not, I guess, I had never really blacked out due to violence before, I fainted once in year 7 after a needle, but...that was it, it was scary, I heard them speak but I didn't know what they were saying, I felt the thuds of their kicks but they didn't really hurt me. Everything was falling apart, everything felt broken until I heard...him.

Dan...Dan wake up

His voice cut through the darkness like a blade, I felt him sit beside me. He fell silent for a moment, I took a deep breath, as his hands found their way to my forehead, he brushed my hair away from my eyes.

you're perfect, and I'm serious like, actually...perfect

No I'm not, Phil, stop.

I've never met anyone like you, you make me feel worth...something, worth...while

Phil, you are worth while

and before this I've kind of always felt alone, no one really understood what I was going through, no one really cared or bothered to listen, but you do, and you don't know how much that means to me.

His voice was truthful, he was being so real, he was opening up to me, I was about to talk back, to tell him how much he meant to me, but he continued, and I refused to interrupt him.

you cared enough to help me that night

You cared enough to let me stay with you.

you cared enough to save me from them

you cared enough to save me from myself.

I guess, I know I haven't known you very long, but it literally feels like years, and time doesn't really exist when I'm with you.

oh my god, you angel.

erm that was cheesy sorry

No, it was cute

basically...I didn't know how to say this but...I love you

I was shocked, I didn't know what to do, he deserved so much more, but he was so beautiful, and perfect and....I loved him, I loved him more than anything in the world. A small smile crawled onto my face and I opened my eyes to find Phil inches away from me, there were so many things I could've said to him then but I chose to say it all in four little words.

'I love you too' I brought my hands up behind his head and pulled him in for a loving kiss.

 *phils pov*

I pulled back and looked at his badly bruised face, we matched, like twin warriors. I thought about what had just happened, there was a mix of sadness and pride in my stomach, but also butterflies, did Dan hear everything I had said about him?

'Dan, um, did you hear all of that?' I asked hesitantly.

'Yes, Phil' He paused. 'every single thing' 

I blushed, then remembered Dan had literally just woken up, after getting beaten.

'Oh my god, I'm sorry! Are you alright?! I wished I could've helped you, I just...my knee' I breathed heavily.

'don't worry, it was for the better, Phil, I needed to at least try to help you for once, I've stood back and watched so many times, i know how painful it is, it's not your fault' Dan stroked my cheek. 'I'm fine, by the way, the real question is are you fine?'

'No' I sighed.

'Then we need to get to the car...now'  he murmured, steadily pushing himself up off the ground. He flicked his dark brown hair out of his eyes, and grabbed his bag from the cupboard, he then reached his hand down to help me, I pushed myself up by my hands, and then fell onto Dan.

'Sorry!' I yelped.  

'Stop apologizing!' Dan giggled.

*dans pov*

We limped our way to the car, it was around 5:00pm by now, and we were both pretty exhausted, plus it was winter, so it was getting darker and colder by the minute. Phil fell with a thud into the passenger seat, and I walked around to the driver's.

'Are you cold? Sorry, I should've gotten you a jumper or something' I sighed.

'Dan, it's fine, if we're going to the hospital I don't really need anything much' Phil smiled sadly, rubbing my arm.

I started the car engine, and reversed out of the garage, which was open for some odd reason. I looked over to Phil before continuing to drive, he looked upset, which was fair, for what he's been through.

'Hey, why don't we listen to something?' I smiled.

'Like what?' Phil asked. 'The radio doesn't really play much good music anymore' he sighed

I reached into my bag, and dug out the CD I desired, I carried it around with me, as it held a lot of good memories.

'The Origin of Symmetry' A smile spread across Phil's face so fast it was as if it had always been there. 'I love Muse!'

'Me too' I grinned,

I slid the CD into the small slit, at the front of the car, and Phil began to hum along to the first song. We drove along the streets humming and singing together, we seemed to forget all our problems and we just lived for once.

We were at a stop light when Phil stopped singing, he looked deep into thought, I didn't want to interrupt him so I just stayed silent, and let him think.

'Dan' He finally said. 'What did you dream about last night?'