Just like me: phan pt73

*Dans pov*

'Make a wish'

Phil shut his eyes tightly and smiled as the star disappeared behind the horizon.

'What did you wish for?' I asked.

'I can't tell anyone or else it won't come true' he stated quietly.

Damn.

We lay there for a little while more, until a felt Phil's body rumble against mine and I realized he was shivering. We had been out in the cold for a while and I knew we couldn't stay out there all night, or we'd get frost bite, and the least thing Phil needed was another reason to remove a limb.

'Cold?' I asked, turning to face Phil.

'Mmhmm' He nodded.

'I think we should get back in the car then' I smiled, sitting up.

'It's s-so pretty though, I don't want to go back in' He shivered.

'I know...but sometimes you need to let go of something beautiful to be safe' I sighed.

'I know' Phil murmured, reaching out his hand so I could pull him up.

I gathered the blankets and duvet in both arms, then jumped off the hood of the car to put them back inside. Phil threw down the pillows and hesitantly stood at the end of the car.

'Don't jump, it'll hurt your knee' I said frantically walking over to where he was standing.

'Yeah I know...maybe if I break it they'll let me stay in town a bit longer' He grunted.

'Phil' I sighed. 'Phil, do you really want our last days together be in a hospital?'

'N-no' He whimpered. 'I just don't want our last days and first days to be so close together'

I knew how he felt, exactly how he felt, and it killed me inside that I couldn't fix this. It absolutely broke me that I couldn't give the person the thing he most cared about, and it killed me that it was me. So I couldn't respond, because I knew what I would say would just hurt too much...and I had set a time and a place to talk about these things...and it wasn't then.

I walked down to the end of the car and helped Phil down, he fell into my arms laughing quietly. It was nice to hear his laugh without any interruptions, there were no other sounds where we were, and it just amplified every sound Phil made by 100%.I was so glad I was able to hear him like that.

'Could you help me put the seats down in the car?' I asked while opening one of the doors.

'Sure' Phil smiled.

We put down the backs of the two front seats so we could lie on them. Phil passed me the bedding and I laid it on top of the folded seats. The car was basically like a bed. 

'Come in!' I urged from inside the car, a blanket wrapped around me.

Phil climbed in and I passed him a blanket before wrapping my arms around his shoulders and falling on top of him. I felt like I was 5 years old again, making a fort with my best friend...that was the thing about Phil, he wasn't just someone I loved, he was also my best friend.

Phil giggled from underneath me, before leaning up to kiss me. 

I smirked, kissing back, wrapping my arms around him. Phil pulled back for a second, but only a second, I don't think he could stand anything more, he pushed me down, his hands were on the sides of my chest now, holding me to the ground as his lips reattached to mine. I felt myself shaking, like there was some sort of electricity between us. I moved my hands down to his hips and began sucking at his neck, something I knew he loved. I heard Phil moan from above me, and it made my heart ache. I came back up to his mouth and looked him in the eyes, the blue eyes I'd come to love so much, and probably wouldn't see for much longer. We began kissing again, harder this time, Phil's tongue slipped between my teeth and I let out a soft moan. We kissed like that for a while before Phil pulled back.

'Dan' He panted.

'Yes' I breathed.

'That morning we spent in the hotel room...you said, you said once my legs better we could...' He trailed off.

'I know' I nodded. 

'You said you wanted to make it special' He whispered.

'I will'

'I don't think we're ever going to get another night together'

'We won't'

'I've never done this before' He whimpered. 'I don't know if I'm going to be good, I don't know if-

'Shh, listen...we'll be fine' I whispered. 'Just do whatever feels right'

'Okay'

He let in a deep breath and reattached our lips. I closed my eyes and tightened my grip on his hips, because I knew this was probably the first and last time we were going to do this.