Just like me: phan pt64

*Dans pov*

I wanted to run away with him, I wanted to so, so badly, but I couldn't, neither of us could. Where would we go? I had a day. A single day? To do all the things I had planned for a lifetime...I wanted to be with him forever, how do you fit forever into 24hrs? You can't. I brushed a shaky hand along Phil's back, his breathes were uneven and fast, they matched mine. 

I didn't know what living in a foster home was like. I guessed you'd feel out of place, and if the new foster parents are anything like his last, I didn't want Phil going anywhere near there. I much as I'd denied it before, I wanted to look after Phil myself. Even though I wasn't very good at it. I wanted to know he was safe, and I wanted him to know he meant something. Phil already had immensely low self esteem, and I couldn't even begin to talk about how much I'd worry about him...and miss him, his touch, and his smile, and- In short, I wouldn't be able to live without Phil.

I felt so guilty, I had wasted all these years I'd known him. I could've been loving him, but instead I chose to damage him. I wished I could turn back time, to get to know him again...I wished I'd had him for more than...just under a week.

'It'll be okay Philly' I whispered, urging him to stop crying, not that he didn't have the right to, but it literally broke my heart to see him like this...and to know I couldn't do anything about it.

The man walked out of the office, signalling for us to go in. Phil pulled back from our embrace and wiped his eyes. I took his hand and walked him into the room. 

The office was medium sized. There were 4 small wooden desks, all of them messy, with papers and files, separated with office dividers. I'd been in there before as a kid, I recognized the same water cooler and filing cabinet. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a boy around my age leave the office, I didn't think much of it. I saw Simon on the second desk to the right, Phil stopped in his path. I knew no words could get him to move, so I leaned down to plant a gentle kiss on his cheek. 

Phil smiled sadly, and started to walked again. We sat down on the brown leather seats, which had worn and torn over the ages. 

'Good kid, Good kid' Simon, an old friend of my dad's, nodded absent-mindedly while shuffling some papers. 'Shame though'

He looked up from his papers seeing me and Phil before him.

'Ah! Dan...and?' Simon chimed, standing up to greet up.

'Phil' Phil muttered under his breath.

Simon was a short man with thick glasses and a receding hairline. I'd known him for a while and he was by no means a person in anyway. Sometimes I'd look to him as more of a father than my own dad...I hadn't seen him in a while though.

'Oh so you're the missing boy, pleased to meet you Phil, I'm Simon Hook, feel free to call me Simon' Simon smiled while sitting back down in his seat.

'I'm just taking notes on the current, missing persons case...there's a potential death as well, but that is very undefined' He nodded, clicking his pen. 'I'm just going to keep this simple, Phil, who...kidnapped...you?' 

Phil stuttered, biting his lip.

'James...erm...and' I rubbed his shoulder. You could tell Phil never really spoke about this kind of stuff with anyone before me.

'James' Simon nodded. 'That's what the other boy said' 

My heart dropped.

'What other boy?' I asked urgently.

'Oh um...Matt, something or rather' Simon muttered.

What.

'Have you spoken to James yet?' I asked, raising an eyebrow.

'Now that's just the thing, Dan' He sighed. 'James is missing'

Missing?

I turned to Phil, who's expression looked almost as confused as mine.

'I don't want to keep you boys here too long, but, Phil, I just have a few more questions for you, and I'd like Dan to tell me his part of the story and then I'll let you two go and speak to the...adoption lady who came in' 

Phil told him everything, and it was difficult...and some of it I hadn't heard before then. It hurt my heart to hear what exactly James said to him. I wrapped an arm around him half way through his explanation, just so knew I really had him here with me again. I spoke next, telling of every single detail that had happened, it was much more difficult for me. I mean, ifhad trouble telling Phil in my own kitchen...you couldn't even imagine how bad I was there. I stuttered over words and started over so many times it was hard to count...we got through though.

'Thankyou for seeing me boys' Simon nodded, shuffling his notes in one of the filing cabinets. 'You were very cooperative'

We nodded, and stood up to leave. Phil had relaxed during the interview with Simon. But as we left the warm office and entered the cold foyer of the police station, he completely tensed up. 

We spotted the women from the adoption agency speaking to Greg, the man who was at the desk before. I linked my arm around Phil'st, just so he wouldn't run...that was the last thing we needed.

'Philip Lester? Yes?' The lady queried while approaching us. 'I'm Suzanne, from your adoption agency'

She was tall...Tall for a lady of her age. She look around 50, maybe older, I wasn't too sure. She was blond, fake blond, very obviously fake blond. Her glassed were as bright as her t-shirt, and she kind of looked like an art teacher, but less creative.

'Y-yes' Phil stammered, taking a short step back.

'I'm just going to talk you through your knew home in...London!' She exclaimed.

London.

Phil shook his head and pushed my arm away. I spun around to see that he had run out the door, it slammed shut with a thud, behind him.

'I'll go ge-' I started speaking, before realizing these people were the ones ripping Phil away from me, and stopped.

I followed Phil out the door, my eyes darted from side to side, seeing if I could spot him. I finally saw him leaning against a tree in the car park. I sprinted over to where he was.

'It'll be alright' I said, knowing I had repeated that sentence so many times before, and it still wasn't helping anything.

'Would you please stop saying that' He whimpered, turning away from me. 'You won't even be able to visit me...I'll be across the country' 

'I'd adopt you if I could Phil, you know that...I'd let you stay with me forever' I murmured. 

'I know Dan. You don't have to say it' He mumbled, still facing the tree. '...I wanted forever, and all we have is tomorrow' 

I sighed sadly, and walked around to other side of the tree so that I was facing Phil. A small smile peaked up on his lips when he saw me.

'Then how about-' I paused, blinking back the tears that were beginning to surface. 'Then how about we make it the best tomorrow we can'