Just like me: phan pt30

*Dans pov*

'Who is it?' Phil asked, looking at me suspiciously. I would have told him, I wanted to tell him, but I didn't want him to worry. I knew the conversation I was about to was going to be anything but civil. James never called me, and when I say never, I mean, literally, the only time he called me was when he crashed his car into the bridge and wanted me to help put out the fire.

'No one' I mumbled.

'Dan, c'mon I ju-

'Phil, if I tell you, it will only put you more on edge. Just let me take it, okay?' I sighed.

'Okay' He murmured sadly,

'Sorry' I mouthed as I answered the phone.

I left the room and walked down the hall until I was out of ear shot from Phil, who definitely wouldn't want to hear this.

'Hello?' I answered, much nicer than I intended.

'Im just calling to say, once you're back at school, you're fucked' He grunted.

'That's a threat you fuck head! I could get you arrested' 

'Ha! what? Dan, as if your dad would arrest me! I'm sure he would've preferred me as his son, you're a failure and you know it, why don't you just give up?'

I was trying to not let his words get to me, but it was really hard, they sunk in so deep. I knew my dad liked James more than me, I knew I was a failure. But I couldn't give up, I had to stay strong, for Phil.

'shut up' I gritted my teeth. 'Just shut up!' 

'No Dan, I'm telling you the truth, there's literally no point in you being here. I know you haven't been eating, that's no secret you anorexic shit. You're a loser and no one would miss you if you left' He said the words so easily, as if they weren't tearing out my insides as he said them.

'They would' I managed to get out.

'Oh really?' He paused, 'Who?'

I dropped my phone and fell on to the floor, no one was around to see, I started crying, heavily. No one. No one would give a shit if I died, the phrase repeated itself in my head. No one would care, I might as well just kill myself. I thought, I would have done it, I would have done it right then and there.

'Dan?' 

If it wasn't for a certain angel.

'Dan oh my god, what the fuck happened?!' Phil appeared in front of me, confused and angry (and on crutches). He snatched the phone out of my hand and looked at the caller ID, His eyes formed a scowl so un nerving, that it was hard to believe he was still phil.

'Listen here you sick little bastard' Phil whispered harshly into the phone. okay, to say the least I was in shock. 'You have beaten me, tormented and screwed up my entire life. You must have some real issues because that's not normal, you're not normal, you're a fucking freak just like the rest of us. You feed off people's pain like a leech, creep. Back off, theres no point. You're just as messed up as me or Dan, or whoever else you've hurt'

There was silence, before I heard beeping on the other other end of the line.

I smiled crept onto Phil's face.

'Amazing' I stuttered, still in awe of what had just happened , 'You're just- Phil oh my god. Do you even realize? holy shit' 

'I was brave' He breathed.

'Phil' I stood up and pulled him into my arms. 'you were so much more than that'