Just like me: phan pt42

*Dans pov*

'Matt'  I looked him over, he looked better than yesterday, his bruises were faded, some were even gone. I wish Phil had healed that fast. 'Please tell me'

'They were probably headed for either the lake or Findel Park. I heard James mention something about water, and of coarse the park has quite a large pond, and a ton of trees, not many people go there too. The lake also because, although it gets busy, it's winter and no one's there...and it's a good place to...um...y'no, dump th-

'Please stop' I whispered. 

'I'm sorry Dan' He patted me on the back, his hand was sort of mechanical though, un-natural. 'We could split up! The police can go check out the lake, while me and Dan search the park, we can call if we find anything' 

'That sounds like our best plan, Dan, we have to remember we don't have much time, and this kidnapping case, could easily turn into a homicide if we don't act fast' My dad said, reading over the notes of his colleague.

'Okay' I muttered. 'I'll call you if we find anything'

So we left. I followed Matt down the stairs to his car, because I guessed it would be easier if someone emotionally stable were to drive us. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my dad and his partner hastily getting into their car and speeding off...I guessed he did somewhat care after all.

Matt didn't make much conversation while in the car, which was pretty odd, he was the chattier, less awkward one of us. So I thought I might as well start talking, as it was a pretty long drive to the Park.

'You look better than you did yesterday' I sighed.

'Oh...thanks' He half smiled, keeping his eyes on the road. 'I heal fast'

I decided to turn the radio on because the silence was getting to me, and if I didn't fill it soon then my thoughts would take over. Some generic pop music came on first, and to be honest it was kind of helping my altogether hopeless mood, the mind numbing beebs and repetitive lyrics kept my head together. Then after that were the current traffic conditions, then the weather and then after that, a request, Muse: Feeling Good.

I didn't think you could gather so many memories, in the space of one day, but I guess it's the people you meet and not the time you spend, that really matters.

Every word was a smile, Every note was a tear and it made me sad, and happy at the same time. It was then that I realized that if I lost Phil now, I'd be losing me, I'd be losing my smile, my laugh and, obviously my heart. And as cheesy as that sounds, I could't let him go.

We drove down a bumpy road, the sky was a murky grey colour above us. It looked as if it was going to rain. I gazed outside the window, we were surrounded by tall green trees and shrubs. The car came to a screeching halt, I didn't realize we were going so fast until then. And we definitely were not at the park.

'Umm, Matt, this isn't the park' My voice quaked.

He sighed, looking down into his lap. We sat there for a moment, before his phone started ringing, he answered it, and handed it to me.

I held it to my ear. 

'D-Dan? Is that you?' His voice was filled with terror, it made me want to throw the phone, but I couldn't. I had to hold on to what was left of him.

'Phil' I paused, knowing they could stop the call at any moment, there was no point in asking questions when I knew I wasn't going to get an answer. There was a higher chance that I was never going to speak to Phil again after this phone call. I didn't want to waste it. 'I lo-

The phone went dead.