Just like me: phan pt77

*Dan's pov*

I woke up first. The soft light flowed through the car windows, and shimmered on the light layer of rain drops. I didn't remember it raining last night, but I didn't wake up much either which was understandable. It was hard to wake up tangled in Phil's arms. Phil was still sleeping, he had woken up once during the night to go to the bathroom.

'Dan I need to pee' he mumbled sleepily.

'Well...um, just go in a bush' I yawned.

'Ughhh' He moaned, next to me. 'Come with me'

'Are you serious?'

'Yes'

'Phil'

'Dan' 

'You're so annoying'

'Shut up'

I ended up doing it anyway, Phil went behind the bush while I stood sleepily by the car. It was probably 3am by then, Phil ran back into the car and dived under the sheets, I asked him why he needed me to come with him so bad, he told me that we'd have all the time in the world to be away from each other, I shut up after that. We went back to sleep in each others arms, and I realized this was the last night I could reach for him and he'd be there.

It was now around 7am, I knew that because it was flashing on the car radio. Phil was happily sleeping by my side, it felt good to know he wasn't awoken but any nightmares. I leaned up on my elbows and stretched out, looking down at Phil. Watching him sleep was one of those rare privileges. I watched as his eyelids gently fluttered open, and a sleepy smile formed on his face.

'Good morning' I giggled, kneeling above him.

'Morning' He laughed while stretching.

I leaned down and kissed him on the lips, they tasted like morning breath, I didn't care at all. Phil leaned up on his elbows.

'Ow! ow...ow' He whined.

'What?! What's wrong?' I asked hesitantly.

'Knee' Phil replied, I had almost forgot about his knee.

'You need to take your antibiotics' I sighed, reaching into the glove box at the front of the car to get his tablets. Phil took them from my hand and swallowed one, dry, without water.

'How can you do that without water?' I asked, in shock.

Phil shrugged, shaking his head. 'It's just another reason for you to worry'

'What do you mean?' 

'There was a time where I took pills instead of cutting' He mumbled. 'It didn't last long'

'Phil, I-I'm sorry' I whispered.

He was right. It was another reason for me to worry, but I guess it was better he told me than to keep it to himself. Although, sometimes I wish there wasn't so many things to worry about between us...Sometimes I wish this could've been less painful.

'It's fine, you didn't know' He said, kissing me on the cheek. 'Anyway...Where are we going?'

He smiled, immediately changing the tone.

'Well, we're going to drive back into town and...' I trailed off. 'Suprise' 

'Is there food involved?' Phil grinned. 'I'm starving' 

'Maybe' I laughed. 'Help me put the seats back up?' 

'Sure' Phil nodded. 'But we might want to get dressed first'