Just like me: phan pt96: first ending

*Dans pov*

My brain felt slow and cloudy, it was half asleep; half not wanting to be there. Though I was, I was watching him being torn from me. This wasn't a break up, he didn't dump me. Though maybe I would've preferred him to, at least then I'd know he wouldn't't be hurting as much as I was. I watched him move, nod to the questions they asked him, I watched his hands grace along the top of his suitcases by the door; and I swear I could see his heart beat through his shirt. I wasn't hearing words, I wasn't paying attention, but when Phil laced his hands around the handle of one of the suit cases I batted it away.

'I'll take it' That's all I said.

I grabbed a suitcase, the adoption lady grabbed the other; and we walked. The pathway felt hard against my feet, I imagined walls shooting up from the ground, keeping us safe, keeping us from them. But they didn't. And I arrived at the car, with his suitcases, and my heart., leaving both where they belonged: with him. And after I had shut the car door, he grabbed my hand, and placed it on his chest.

'I'll be home soon' He murmured.

'You have a new home' I whispered, unable to make eye contact. 'A better one'

'A house isn't a home, Dan' He paused. 'You are'

We kissed, lightly, the passion wasn't worth the pain. And he got into the backseat of the car. His eyes then locked on mine, like he'd just realized this was it. 

'I love you' He said. 'I love you' and once more with the ache in his heart.

'I love you too' And my voice caught on the words like they actually hurt, which they did.

He shut the door and wound down the window.

'I'll be back, alright?'

'Not if I find you first'

The driver of the car tooted.

'Say Goodbye to this old town boy! We're off" The Lady in the front seat yelled.

*Phils Pov*

I held his hand through the car window, gripping it with every ounce of strength I had.

'Goodbye Dan' I nodded, letting him go.

*Dans Pov*

He let go of my hand, and I let it fall back to my side as the car started up.

'Goodbye Phil'

And I could see the window rolling up, and I could see him biting his lip, and I could see the last memories I'd have of his face and his hair and...Phil, in that car, I saw the last of Phil. The car started moving, and through the window; I saw a small meek wave from him, and I waved back.Then suddenly the car began to move faster, and I had nothing else to lose, so I ran, and I ran along side the car, until I watched the window roll down once more.

'Don't Forget me!' Phil yelled'

'I can't!' I yelled back.

and he was gone.

So I stood in the middle of the street, Alone. And It was getting dark, the moon wasn't out, and it was absolutely freezing. I wasn't sure where I was, so I decided to start walking along the pavement, hoping to get home atleast before the sun came out. The bruises on heart ached, as did my head, from when he finally said goodbye, and left me here.