Twenty Four

Today's the day, I'm having my first appointment to get a check up on the baby. I can't call him or her an it. It just sounds degrading, Harry has slowly come out of the habit of it to.

I was sitting at home with Payton watching the morning cartoons. Harry left a couple hours ago so now it's just us. My stomach has gotten larger and Payton likes to cuddle and kiss it. She has gotten very protective and she thinks Harry will hurt my stomach if he hugs me for to long. He favorite thing to do is wedging herself between the two of us to make us separate. She also has gotten very good at speaking and catching on to phrases like 'Hey baby' and will scream it when Harry comes home.

Things have been good lately but me being me has to think of something negative or something I shouldn't be thinking. For a while now I've had a place in my mind of what Liam is doing now that he knows he's a father. Like is he drinking the memory of it away like he used to whenever he hurt me or is he sleeping around. I know I should be thinking about it but it seems like I can't, I feel like I'm wishing for something that will never happen. I'm not saying I want Liam to be in the picture 24/7 I'm saying that he needs to at least care a fraction of a bit.

"Dada's tummy otay?" Payton says crawling closer to me and putting her hand on me.

"Yes princess. Thank you for asking." I kissed her head and she giggled giving me a hug.

"Want to go get some lunch?" She says yes very excitedly and pulls my to the kitchen. I make her favorite sandwich of peanut butter and bananas with some apple juice and she eats it happily while watching some cartoons. I make myself some tea and watch her from the kitchen, I start to zone out when the door bell goes off.

"Is daddy home?" It was in the middle of the day so I know he wasn't.

"No princess, eat your sandwich please." She looks at me for a minute then goes back to the tv. I open the door and see Liam standing with his head down but looks up when I open the door.

"Hey, I was hoping we could talk?" I lol back at Payton who is looking at me. I tell her to stay put for a minute and step outside.

"Go ahead." I say bluntly, crossing my arms over my stomach.

"You're showing already. Man I never thought I would see this." When I don't say anything he clears his throat and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Um I'm sorry about the last time we talked. It was a little harsh but I just didn't know how to think. I mean I never thought I would get the call from you saying that we were pregnant-"

"I'm pregnant not you. Why say we?"

"Because it's ours? We're going to have a kid Zaynie-"

"Again no I'm having another baby. Harry and I are having another baby, we are never having one." I saw hurt flash in his eyes and he looked down at his feet again.

"Of course, I understand but-" we heard a door shut and look to see a brunette walk up the walk way.

"Liam can we go? I know you said to stay in the car but this is taking forever. Oh hello. I'm Nicki." She looked at me and clinged to Liam's arm. I smirked and looked at him.

"Hello Nicki. Nice to meet you but I have to get back inside." Before I shut the door I turned around and stopped Liam.

"Oh and Liam I'm finding out the gender today so I'll make sure to tell you what it is. And I expect you to be there for me since its your child to." And I shut the door with Liam giving me a look and Nicki looking at Liam dumbfounded.

~*~

Soon after they left Harry came and picked up Payton and I. We got ice cream and went to the park for awhile before the appointment.

"How are you feeling love?" Harry says holding my hand and kissing my temple.

"I'm fine. But um Liam showed up today." I felt him tense then relax.

"What happen?"

"Nothing to drastic. Just that he was calling this child his and I's. And trust me I told him differently." I gave Harry a smile and he chuckled at me.

"I guess I won't have to go hunt him down then." I smiled at him and he cupped my face and kissed me passionately. He pulled me closer but was soon interrupted by Payton.

"Daddy you're going to hurt bubba!" Harry looked down and picked her up putting her on his lap

"Bubba?"

"Yeah one of the people on tv had a bubba in her belly like dada so that means he does to!" She crawled off Harry and gave my stomach a hug. I chuckle and kiss her forehead.

"That's very sweet baby but we don't know if he's bubba yet. He could be your sister."

"But I want bubba." She pouts and looks up at me with puppy eyes.

"Come on let's go find out yeah?" Harry picks her up and offers me a hand and we walk to the car.

On the way to the doctors Payton falls asleep and Harry grips my thigh as we pull up.

"I just want to tell you that I've been regretting telling you to abort when I found out. I don't care who's it is anymore all I care about is that we are having another baby and I'm through the roof. I'm sorry baby."

"It's okay Harry. I love you."

"I love you so much." He leans over the counsel and kisses me hard. We pull away and take a deep breath before getting out of the car.

Once we walk in and check in it feels like we are sitting there for forever. But finally my name is called. Harry and Payton follow me into the room. I lay down on the table beginning to feel nervous.

"Hello Zayn it's been awhile. How have you been?"

"I've been good thank you."

"Well good now let's you what we've got here." She does a quick exam the gets the machine ready. She tells me to pull up my shirt and she rubs on a cold jell.

She rolls the wand around my stomach for awhile until she stops.

"Is something wrong?"

"Oh no honey but you're having a boy!" I take a deep breath and look at Harry excitedly. He kissing Payton on the forehead then looks at me again with teary eyes.

"Oh wait." The doctor rolls the wand again and looks closer at the screen.

"What? What's wrong." Harry says standing up and moving closer to while Payton is hold his shirt collar.

"Nothing Mr. and Mr. Styles it's just that you are having a boy and a girl. You're expecting twins."

~*~

sorry for the long wait. hope you enjoy this update :)