Forty Four

"Bright and sunny. That used to be Niall's favorite weather, mainly to go play footie in the backyard. We used to go out back and play for hours, even if we had people over we'd play and some even joined. Footie was Niall's favorite pass time and stress reliever, but when he got sick-" Louis' hands gripped the edge of the podium hard, making his knuckles turn white. He was looking down trying to contain himself, but I could clearly hear the deep sniffles.

"When Niall got sick, he was limited on what he could do. T-towards the end, um, he used to tell me how much he just wanted to go outside and play hours of football and never come inside till it was dark. He would sit outside and watch Jacks play with his friends, I could tell by his aura he wanted to jump up and join." He ran his hand under his nose and under his eyes looking down at everyone before him. He made eye contact with Harry and started to silent ball. Harry quickly got up from beside me and went to him, not even close to Louis yet and they were in a close hug. I felt tears of my own escaping so I wrapped my arm around Payton's shoulders to distract me. She looked up and me sadly, she didn't really know what was going on I didn't really want to tell her what happened. Jace was sitting on my lap clutching my shirt for dear life also probably wondering why everyone was upset.

Soon Niall's mom came on stage to make announcement saying to that if everyone could go to there cars and wait to go the the cemetery. She looked just as awful as Louis did as she lied her hand on Niall's casket. Once her hand touched to wood of it she broke, she kneeled down with her hand still clutching the casket hard.

I felt frozen in my place, like the world stopped turning. I can never imagine what they must be feeling inside and not wanting to let anyone know. Soon Louis broke away from Harry walked over to Niall's mom kneeling with her, Harry came back to me sitting silently staring at the floor.

Payton moved out from under my arm and held on to Harry's telling him it will be okay, only to have more silent tears fall.

We got up and left Louis and Niall's mom to have some space and went to the car, once we were all in, it was dead silent. No one talked only for Harry to be holding my hand for dear life and soft sniffles. I rubbed my hand over his knuckles as we drove to the cemetery, we were right behind Maura and Louis as they were behind the hearse. As the cemetery came into view Harry's grip on my hand and the steering wheel got tighter.

Parking, we got out and quietly followed Maura and Louis as they were walking hand and hand with the casket, Jacks holding tightly on to Louis shirt collar hiding his face. Stopping at Niall's grave site Louis set down Jacks who still had a tight grip on his pant lag as he watched Niall being lowered into the ground.

After more speeches and Maura having to leave and wanting to be alone the only people left were us, Jacks and Louis who was staring at the hole holding the love of his life. I gave Jace to Harry who had an emotionless face on and walked to Louis. I sat down next to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"How am I supposed to do this Z, I feel like my whole world is gone and that I'm just walking around numb. I can't think straight with out Niall popping into my mind, and that kills me. Every time his face pops into my head I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my body and thrown on the ground in front of me, and all I can do is stare at it and do nothing." His bottom lip quivered then he let out loud sobs clinging onto me, repeating how he should have tried harder or done more. I feel someone trying to climb into my lap and we look down to see Jacks, his face red and blotchy his bright blue eyes shining with tears.

"Don't worry daddy, I here for us."

~*~

When we got home Payton and Jace crashed on the couch, leaving Harry and I thinking about the past month. We sat in the kitchen in silence, I was trying to find something to eat only to get distracted by my thoughts. Harry was sitting at the island with his face in his hands, I looked at him thinking what I would do if I lost him. I walked behind him wrapping my arms around his waist laying my head on his neck.

"I love you." He sat up turning around to me wrapping my arms around me holding me tight.

"I'll love you forever. No matter what."

~*~