Forty One

The moment I got home I curled into bed. Didn't try to put anything away or change I just climbed into bed and crashed. And when I woke up I stayed in bed, only getting up to use the restroom.

This was the second day that I was here and it was close getting closer to being Saturday. Thinking about made me want to cry more, but it felt like I cried out all I had.

I slow crawled out of bed wrapping the huge comforter around me and walked to the kitchen. Opening the fridge and staring at it was what I did for awhile, nothing catching my interest. I don't know how long I stood there until the front door opening brought me out of my zone. First I thought it was Harry until I heard the sweet little laugh that I missed so much.

"Alright we don't have long. Payton can you get Jace and yours rain coats please." I heard Louis voice echo through the house as I shuffled through the kitchen to the living room. Once I entered I saw Louis' back to me and Jace facing me, once he saw me his face lit up and he started bouncing and pointing to me.

"What is it little-" Louis turned around and saw me, with my red puffy eyes, probably dark circles under them.

I probably look like a mess.

"Zayn, what are you doing-"

"Daddy!" I jerked my head up towards the stairs and saw Payton walking carefully down them until she hit them bottom then she ran to me. I let the blanket fall from my shoulders and I picked her up smiling.

"Hey gorgeous, miss me?"

"Of course daddy! But where's papa?" My smile dropping, but still looking at her.

"Papas still on his trip but he'll be here in a few days." She nodded and hugged my neck telling me over and over agin how much she missed me.

I set her down and walked over to Jace, who was in Louis' arms taking him from him. Louis was still looking at me concerned and pulled out his phone calling someone. Once he was off the phone he came back over to me telling me he wanted to talk. I nodded and took the kids to the play room telling Payton to watch and play nice with Jace, then shuffled back to the living room where Louis was waiting for me.

"I thought you guys weren't going to be back till a few more days. What happened?" I grabbed the blanket pulling it over my shoulder then sitting cross legged on the couch next to him. It took everything in me not to cry, and I knew my voice was going to let me down.

"W-well um... you remember when Harry and that woman-"

"Yes I remember."

"Well she was there, I should have known that she would be but anyway. Everything was going so good, I felt happy, happier then I've been in awhile. The woman, Abby, tried to get up on Harry a couple times but nothing big, he pushed her away or I would. Then he told me one morning that we were going to some party the his company was having." I took a breather, feeling the tears building up in my eyes. I felt Louis' hand on my back rubbing circles, he scooted closer to me laying his head on my shoulder.

"So w-we got all dressed up and went down to the ballroom that the hotel had, it was beautiful. The music was perfect, the food was amazing and everything was just amazing. I never wanted to leave. But I'm we got up to dance, god Lou you should have heard the song it was perfect. I was imagining us dancing to it at our wedding," the tear fell fast as I struggled to finish.

"It's okay Z, take your time." The only thing going through my head was that song, and the imagination of Harry and I's wedding.

"During the song I put my head on his shoulder while he sang quietly in my ear, I never want that to end. But then I looked up from his shoulder and saw Abby staring daggers at me with a nasty look. I had this pit in my stomach that something was about to happen, I just didn't want to let it in. After we danced Harry went to get me a drink and Abby came up to me. She was rubbing in my face about that night I caught them, asking why I didn't leave, saying that they did more then what Harry told me. When I had enough of her I started to leave only to have Harry follow behind quickly." I wiped my tears away and looked up at the ceiling. Louis was still running circles on my back but he was sitting up.

"We got to the room and argued a little till I forced him to tell me what exactly happened that night. He t-told me, and um-"

"Zayn you don't have to tell me anymore, it's okay."

"N-no you need to know. You're my best friend, you should know. So um he told me that instead of her just giving him some blow job, they d-did-" I put my hands over my mouth and squeezed my eyes shut as I let go. Louis wrapped his arms around me tightly, repeating over and over again that it's okay. We stayed like that for awhile till I tried myself out and just sat there numb.

"I'm going to kill the mother-"

"Daddy?" We both looked up seeing Payton holding Jace and tears running down her face. I got up quickly and went to her. I sat Jace on my lap and sat down on the floor with them.

"Baby why are you crying?" I wiped one of her tears away and cupped her cheek.

"Cause daddy is cry. I don't like when daddy cry." More tears ran down her face as Jace gripped my shirt tightly wondering what was going on. I pulled her into my lap and hugged both of them tightly.

"You don't need to cry baby. Daddy will be alright, no one needs to cry anymore."

~*~