Forty Two

My heart was pounding. I kept looking in the mirror to my side fixing my hair, or my suit, or just fixing something on me that doesn't need to be fixed.

"Zayn, you look gorgeous. Everyone's eyes will be on you thinking how beautiful you are." My mother came up behind me putting her hands on my shoulders.

"But that's just the thing. Everyone will be looking at me. What is-"

"Zayn look amazing." I looked into her eyes through the mirror seeing that she had some tears in her eyes. She wiped them away gently and rubbed my shoulders.

We stood there for a while I fixed my suit some more till we heard the music, both of our heads jerking up at it. My mother bent down to Payton asking if she was ready and she nodded eagerly. Everyone who was supposed to go ahead of me went and soon it was just my mother and I.

I took ahold of her arm and we walked, I heard everyone standing from there seats waiting for me. We started down the aisle with my eyes looking ahead and landing on his.

My nerves settled and I just wanted to run up to him and kiss him, now not really wanting to wait through the long speech.

Once we reached the altar my mother handed me to him and the speech began. We said our vows, I cried and he gripped my hands harder.

"Now by the power invested in my I now pronounce you Mr. and Mr. Styles." He grabbed my face gently bringing my lips to his as everyone around us cheered. When he finally pulled away he smiled down at me with tears in his eyes.

"I love you so much, Mr. Styles."

~*~

I couldn't help but lay in bed after I woke up. I just wanted to lay there and never see the light of day again.

Just when I thought I could maybe get over this my dreams give me away and pull me right back to the starting line.

I picked up my phone seeing that Harry texted me 10 times and called me, looking at the date I groaned. I stuffed my face back in my pillow in hope of relaxing, but I heard my door creak open and a small footsteps towards the bed.

I felt the bed dip and looked up to see Payton holding one of her favorite stuffed animals.

"Are you otay daddy?"

"I'm fine baby girl. Are you okay?"

"I don't know, you are sad so I'm sad. Are you sad cause you miss papa?" I let out a deep sigh resting my head on my hands.

"Yes and no. But let's not talk about that. How about we get your brother up and we go make chocolate chip pancakes?" She nodded quickly jumping off the bed. I followed behind then went into Jace's room seeing him still asleep.

"Hey baby boy, you ready for your breakfast?"  He woke up a little but at my voice and stretched. I lent over his crib and picked him up resting him in my hip.

Once I got to the kitchen I put him in his high chair starting on the pancakes. Payton was handing me ingredients that I needed and humming along to a cartoon that was on in the background.