Thirty One

I feel cold.

I feel like I'm at home with the air conditioning all the way up. I try to move but I can't. It feel like something is not letting me move.

I hear Harry talking but I can't see him.

"Baby, I don't know if you can hear this but I need to know if you're okay. And Payton and Jace need to know if you're okay."

I feel my eyebrows scrunch together and try to move more. So I can feel a hand wrapped around mine squeezing it hard then it disappears, along with his voice.

~*~

The room I'm in is bright and has an annoying beep. I look around to see Harry slouched in a chair close to me with a baby in his arms sleeping peacefully. I smile and try to get his attention but end up in a coughing fit.

Harry wakes up with a jump but the baby doesn't stir and looks at me shocked. He puts the baby in his bed at the foot of the bed and hands me water.

"Shh baby just breathe." I take a deep breath and let him put the cup to my lips. I take a big drink of it before taking a deep breath again.

"What happened?" I say with my voice horse and my throat hurts.

"You lost a lot of blood giving birth to Jace and you blacked out. Jace is okay and so are you. It's alright." He runs his fingers through my hair and it relaxes me. I lean into his hand and sigh closing my eyes.

"Do you want to hold him?" I look up at him suddenly and nod. He smiles and walks to get Jace who is still asleep.

Harry lays him gently on my chest and I look over his beautiful face. I put my hand to my mouth and cry a little bit.

"He looks a lot like you. Except for the curly hair." We laugh and I nod still crying. Harry kisses my forehead and tells me he'll be right back.

I run my fingers over his face feeling his soft skin. Harry's right he look a lot like me with his pouty lips and beautiful eyelashes. And his hair is almost as thick as Harry's.

I do notice that nothing about him resembles Liam. Nothing at all..

I smile wider and watch him sleep, but so he wakes up and yawns making grabby hands. I reach towards his hands and he grabs my finger tightly falling right back to sleep not letting go of me.

I hear the door open and Harry walks in with Payton in his arms.

"Dada!" She whisper yells. And Harry sets her on the bed next to me. She is careful but hugs me tightly on the arm.

"Hey peanut." And I kiss her on the forehead holding them close to be feeling a sense of happiness. A sense that everything is going to be okay.

~*~

The next day Jace gets a couple tests done along with me and the tell us that we can go home tomorrow morning. I sit in my bed with Payton at the foot coloring and Jace in my arms. Harry is helping her color and Niall and Louis are bringing me peanut butter and McDonald's.

"Hey Dada can I hold bubba?" She says innocently.

"Oh course peanut. Come here." She crawls in between my legs and make a cradle in her arms and I set Jace gently I her arms.

"He's pretty like you Dada." She says smiling while still looking him. I run my fingers through her long dark hair.

She holds him for awhile then gives him back to me saying she needs to pee and makes grabby hands at Harry. He chuckles at her taking her to the bathroom. While they are in the bathroom a nurse comes in to check up on me and give me a quick run down on breastfeeding. While she's talking to me Louis and Niall walk in with Jacks. When she leaves I breastfeed him then but him in his bed as he wiggles around and plays with his blankets.

"God he is so freaking cute. Oh and here's your giant tub of peanut butter."

"God thank you Boo. I thought I was going to die if I ate hospital food again."

"No problem Zaynie boy." He gives out the McDonald's he ordered and feeds Jacks.

"Hi boo!" Payton says loudly when she sees Louis and the goes to pick her up.

"How my peanut been?" They talk and she eats with them, and even helps feed Jacks. Harry sits lays down next to me on the bed wrapping his arms around me.

"How you doing princess?"

"I'm doing okay. I'm happy." I say laying my head on his shoulder.

"That's wonderful baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

Everything seems so calm and happy even when Jace starts to cry, it's still a happy feeling.

It feels like all the mistakes that have happened have left and been forgotten, like they don't matter anymore. Life right now just feels right and worth every moment.

~*~

i know this is short but I wanted to write some cute fluff :)

so what did you think of this chapter?