Twenty Nine

(so this chapter has some information in it and if i got any of it wrong sorry lol. i was trying to make it more fit this story and zayn)

"Zayn Malik?" I walk into the room with Harry following closely behind. This was a check up appointment on the twins to see how they are doing.

"How have you guys been doing?" The doctor asks as I lay on the table getting ready.

"We've been doing great. Ready for the twins to be here." Harry says right away with a smile and looks at me. I smile and nod along with him. Harry and I have been getting things back on track but we've been avoiding the bottle throwing night.

"Great well let's take a look at these guys, yeah?" She puts some cold gel on my lower stomach and moves the wand around trying to find the twins. When she finds them the room is filled with heart beats. But on the screen there is only one and one heart beat.

"Why is there only one? I thought I was having twins?" The doctor looked at me with sympathy.

"You were expecting a girl and a boy but now you're only expecting a boy."

"How is that right? The ultrasound pictures showed that there were two?" Harry stood up in defense grabbing my hand.

"He was expecting two but now there is only one. This can be very common in twin pregnancy for females but with male pregnancy the chances are higher. This is called Vanishing Twin Syndrome, or is closely related to a miscarriage but the mother doesn't feel or sense anything different. She or he just keeps thinking that there are twins until they get their check up. But this normally happens when the fetus' are still developing in an early stage but again since you are male things are slightly different."

Harry and I sit and take in the new information. I nod to her hoping that she will continue if there is anymore.

"But on a different note your baby boy seems healthy and looks like nothing is wrong with him so just keep on doing what you are doing." She smiles and wipes off my stomach and helps me sit up.

"Oh and before you go there are little booklets by the front desk on the syndrome if you would like one." I nod and she leaves the room. I sit there for a moment trying to make sense of the information.

"I'm sorry." Harry says in a quiet voice in the chair next to the table.

"For what?" I say wiping away a tear then looking at him.

"Losing another child. It's probably my fault, this past couple of weeks have been hell for you and it's all been caused my me. I should never have-"

"Harry none of this was your fault. This was just Mother Nature deciding that she wanted her daughter back. And if we're playing the blame game I can take some of it. I mean who am I to judge, I fucking made out with my rapist. Willingly. I have just enough blame as you do." I get up from the table and give Harry tight hug. He pulls away and kisses my forehead gently and we walk out of the room hand in hand.

I lean into his arm as we walk out making sure to grab one of the booklets. When we reach the car someone is waiting near it. Harry's hand grips mine tighter as we walk closer. The man turns around and Harry instantly tenses.

"Liam what are you doing here?" I ask trying to keep my voice from not shaking. He walks up to use smiling and tries to give me a hug but Harry steps in front of him.

"Really man. We're back to this?"

"Actually we never left this. What do you want?" Liam smirks and steps back with his hands up in defeat.

"Just wanted to see how my baby mama was doing and to find out the gender of my baby."

"Well for starters he's not-"

"It's a boy and I'm fine. Happy?" I say giving him a look.

"I'm having a boy?"

"No actually we're having a boy and you're just the by stander." Harry speaks up still standing in front of me protectively.

"I don't want to speak to you this is between Zayn and I." I get in between them and cross my arms over my chest.

"He's my husband so he has every right to hear this conversation. Now talk while I have the motivation." I just want to thank Louis and my pms for this great sass that I'm handling.

"Well damn. I thought we were on good terms since we made out a week ago?"

"That was a regret and I can never look at myself the same again. Now I have to leave cause I'm craving peanut butter ice cream and I lost my motivation for you." I walk towards the car and get in waiting for Harry to follow. I look to see Liam's face full of shock and Harry laughing hard. I smirk to myself and he finally gets in the car.

"God damn baby that was good. Now let's go get your ice cream plus another jar of peanut butter." I lean over the consul and kiss his cheek and we drive off.

I feel happier and like everything is going back to normal. Hopefully...

~*~

After picking up my food we drive to Anne's house to get Payton, but of course she invites us to dinner and I can't say no. Even though I just ate ice cream plus some peanut butter I'm still hungry, like normal.

After dinner Gemma and I sit in the living room scrolling through her phone looking at baby boy rooms. We screenshot to many but I'll find a way to use some of each. I get up to find Harry to show him the pictures and he's sitting outside with Robin. He smiles at me and motions me to sit on his lap, once I do he kisses my cheek.

"You guys are sickeningly cute. Now where is my favorite granddaughter?" He gets up and moments later I her Payton laughing loudly.

"So what did Gems send you?" He asks while snaking his arms around my waist to pull me closer.

"Just some pictures of baby rooms that we should do." He hums in response and lays his head on my shoulder.

"I know this is ruining the moment but can we talk about the other night?" I feel him tense under me and look down at his lap.

"I'm sorry. I never should have through that bottle at you or at all. All I could think about the next morning was what if I hit you? I could never live with myself if I did."

"But you didn't so we can move on with out it and look forward to this baby. Okay."  He nods and hugs me.

"One more thing. Can we try and go back to how things were? Normal?" Harry chuckles and nods. I smile at him and cup his face to kiss him. The kiss doesn't last long when we here the back door open.

"Yay! Daddy and Dada are happy!" I laugh at Payton and Harry picks her hugging her.

I guess I am happy again.

~*~
:)

also I need help with baby names! so if you guys have any good ones please let me know!