Chapter V

Author Note: Their will be battle scenes in this chapter. I just wanted to clear something up. In this story, their are guns, swords, spears, and more. Majority of the time, the weapons they use are swords. I just wanted to make that clear. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The servant quietly opens the door to Liam's room, where Liam and Niall are asleep. The servant walks in and picks up their clothes. Liam and Niall slept together, like, they were made to be together. The servant quietly exited the room and closed the door. The servant left the clothes outside the room, the servant started to head to Valo's room with his drink. "Lord Valo, may I have permission to enter?" said the servant. "Please, my dear, come in." said Valo. The servant enters Valo's room, the servant places the drink on his nightstand. "My dear, please, take a seat, I have gift for you." said Valo. The servant obeyed Valo's orders and took a seat opposite to him. "How long have you served the Dawnbreak estate?" questioned Valo. "For 65 years, my lord" answered the servant. "You have served us with loyalty, my dear. You will be 78 years old soon, correct?" said Valo, the servant nods. Valo walks over to his desk and pulls out a document. "Your service to this estate is over. Present, this document to the guardsman at the door and gateway. They will allow you to leave, also, he is your payment to start a new life. All I ask, is that you never tell the outside world of us. Thank you." said Valo. The servant is stunned by his actions. "Th-Thank you, my lord" said the servant with excitement. The servant takes the document, the servant bows and leaves Valo's room. 

Valo is pleased with his choice to free the servant. Valo picks up his drink and is about to drink it, but he is caught in thought and stops. Valo takes a seat at his desk with his drink in hand. Valo worries his time is coming to an end, he is going to turn 997 years old soon. Valo brings the drink to his mouth and takes a sip. "What is this? I don't feel well." said Valo with a impaired feeling. "G-Guards!" yells Valo.

A group of guardsman walk into Valo's room, only to find him on the floor. The guardsman rush to Valo's side. "My lord, what is it?" said Commander Rowan. "Get Liam." said Valo while coughing blood. "Yes, my lord. Guards, go get Master Liam. Now! I will stay with Lord Valo." said Rowan. The guardsman nod and leave the room. "Rowan, I am going to die and you know it" said Valo. "I know, my lord. I will stay by your side, no matter what." said Rowan. Valo and Rowan wait for Liam to come and say his last goodbye.

"Master Liam! Wake up!" yelled a guardsman. Liam and Niall are awoken by a group of guardsman."What is it?" said Liam with worry in his voice. "It's Lord Valo, master. Commander Rowan believes he is dying." said a guardsman. Liam grabs Niall's hand and rushes to Valo's room. "Liam! Liam! Liam! Slow down! Ouch! Liam, your hurting me." said Niall. Liam just kept pulling Niall, until they reached Valo's room. Liam released Niall's hand and falls to his knees by Valo's side. "Valo, what is happening?" said Liam with tears in his eyes. "I will be leaving soon, Liam. It is your turn, you must be the lord of this estate" said Valo with weakness in his voice. "I can't . . . I can't . . . I am not you! I will fail like always!" cried Liam. "Listen to me, you must. I love you and always will. I-" Valo is interrupted by his bloody coughing. "You must protect our people fro-" Valo is again interrupted by his coughing. "From who Valo, from who Valo!" yelled Liam. After a few moments, Valo rested his eyes and died in front of them. "No, no, no, no! You can't just die, not like this." cried Liam. Liam runs across the room into Niall, Niall wraps his arms around Liam. Liam continues to sob on Niall's shoulder for about 10 minutes. Niall and Liam rest on Valo's bed for a time. 

~~~

Athana was proud of herself, she killed the oldest vampire in this region. "Master Athana, Lord Romulus has ordered us to return to Dawnbreak estate. Lord Romulus has ordered all forces to remain out of the estate. Romulus is ordering an assault on the estate." said the driver. "Understood, turn this vehicle around" said Athana.