Chapter XXVII

Once again, the sun was beaming into the windows of the Tomlinson estate. The officers were scheduled to meet at the dining hall for an enjoyable time. Zayn has recently noticed Archer was keeping to himself and not speaking to anyone, unless addressed by them. The unknown figure and Sinister have escaped to Romulus's secret outpost. 

~~~

It was early in the morning and the guardsman were performing their daily tasks. Archer was the first officer awake and got dressed to perform his duties. He didn't mind getting up early, he has adapted to it. Zayn would usually follow suit and they would meet in the dining hall. 

Recently, Archer has been skipping his morning meetings with Zayn. He still hasn't gotten over the fact that Rado is died. Archer and Rado were brothers-in-arms, Archer was having a difficult time without him. He couldn't bear life without Rado. 

No knew Archer's true feelings about Rado, not even Rado himself. Archer was never proud of his sexual attraction towards other males. He usually could control himself, the pressure was getting to him with the two other couples in the estate. Archer went into the dining hall and found Zayn siting down at the table. He was sipping his drink and he was caught in thought. Archer saw this and turn around, he tried to exit the room without Zayn noticing him. It failed, Zayn noticed and spoke, "Archer!" 

Archer turned around to face Zayn and he motioned for Zayn to speak. He did, "Archer, I have missed our morning conversations. Is something wrong?" Zayn was curious to found out what was wrong with Archer. As captain, he took care of his men and anyone under his command. 

Zayn motioned for Archer to take a seat and he did. "Captain, I-" Archer was interrupted by Zayn, "Arch, call me Zayn." Archer adored the new nickname given by Zayn, he has always crushed on Zayn somewhat. He knew Zayn was straight and refused to date anyone after his wife's death. No was even allow to speak of his wife, if you wanted to live. 

"Zayn, I apologize for avoiding you, I haven't been myself lately. After the death of Rado, I haven't adjusted to his death and the new officers. I don't feel like myself, I apologize for failing you." said Archer while looking down. Zayn cleared his throat and Archer's head shot up. "Arch, you haven't failed me, you lost a friend and I understand." said Zayn. 

Zayn was about to continue before Archer spoke, "Zayn, can I tell you the truth? You won't judge me?" Zayn handed Archer a freshly brewed cup of coffee and spoke, "Arch, I will not judge you, I wouldn't judge anyone. Please speak your mind and release your emotions." Archer was pleased to hear those words from Zayn.

After a few moments, Archer released a sigh and spoke, "Please don't interrupt me, speak after I am done. Rado and I were brothers-in-arms, you know that. Rado believed this too, but he was so much more to me. I loved him more then life itself, I would have died for him. I have always had an attraction to other males. For my entire life, I have kept my sexual urges under control. I have never kissed anyone, had sex, or entered a relationship. I always control myself, after the loss of Rado. I am clueless and I feel lost without any meaning in my life. What should I do? I was thinking of leaving the estate and traveling on my own. It would-"

Zayn interrupted Archer, "No! You can't leave!" Zayn felt a pang of hurt in his chest after Archer's last sentence. Zayn is still a humanoid, he still has feelings even after the death of his dearly beloved wife. He developed crushes and Archer always returned to his mind. If he wanted to start a relationship with anyone, it would Archer. 

Archer was not always the kindest and caring individual, but he was loyal and honest. Archer pulled this estate out of many unwanted situations. Also, Archer killed Romulus, no one even praised him for his actions. Archer didn't even make a problem out of it, he let it go. He is the only reason the war is over, he killed Romulus with one arrow.