Chapter X

"The Blackstar estate has given us an official declaration of war" said the scout. Those words continued to ring in Louis's mind as they returned to the estate. The scouts were escorting Louis and Harry back to the estate. Zayn, Niall, Rowan and Liam were awaiting their arrival. 

"My lord, we will be arriving any minute now. All of the officers are in the war room. Your presence is required." said the scout. Louis nods and exits the vehicle with Harry. They enter the estate and walk towards the war room. Louis enters the room, but Harry is stopped by one of the guards. Louis continues to walk into the war room, he didn't notice Harry wasn't with him. "I'm sorry. Slaves are not allowed in the war room. All slaves have been ordered to return to the slave quarters. Please do this now." said the guardsman. 

Harry nods and starts to go upstairs, but is stopped by a group of guardsman. "Slave, you must return to the slave quarters. Your quarters is located in the basement, now go!" yelled the guardsman. Harry has never been to the slave quarters, he always sleeps in Louis's bed. "But, I-I always sleep in Lou's room." whispered Harry. The guardsman drew the weapons on Harry, "Go now!" said the guardsman. The group escorted him to the slave quarters. He entered the quarters, he noticed how disgusting it was. The slave quarters was covered in dirt and it was slightly damaged. Harry was never one to hate anything, but he hated the slave quarters. 

The guardsman locked the gate to slave quarters, this locked Harry and the other slaves in it. Harry was exhausted from his trip to the park today. He walked over to one of the beds and laid down on it. The bed was rough and made out of wood, there were no blankets or pillows. Harry made a promise to himself that night. If he ever got the chance, he would help the other slaves get better conditions down here. Only one thought was on his mind; Louis. He starts to cry and continues to until, he falls asleep. 

~~~

Louis, Zayn, Niall, Rowan, Liam and the other officers are gathered in the war room. For the next couple hours, they will be discussing battle plans. "My lord, we must take the chance and attack the Blackstar estate." said Lieutenant Hawk. Hawk was one of the favored officers. He was always favored for liking humans and drinking blood only when needed. "Are you plain stupid? An attack on Blackstar estate would leave our estate defenseless and Romulus has pure blood vampires. Pure bloods are stronger then us, we could never defeat them. Only Louis and Zayn are pure blooded vampires, none of us could take on his best soldiers. We need a plan, only fools rush in." said Rowan with a deep sigh. 

"Rowan, I understand, but staying in our estate will do us . . . nothing." said Hawk. Louis continues to remain in deep thought, he hasn't said anything for a time. "I agree with both of you. We can't attack Romulus yet and we can't just hide." said Zayn. Zayn has always been a warrior at heart, but he has his moments. Liam cleared his throat to gather everyone's attention. "We could ask the Night Hunt for help." stated Liam. Everyone, including Niall, stared at Liam with confusion. Zayn had disgust in his expression. He has always been disgusted by the Night Hunt and their leader; Damon. "Are you insane, Liam! The Night Hunt are vampire hunters, they kill our people and you want their help. Damon would never help, are you sure your fit to lead?" questioned Zayn. Liam steps behind Niall to hide his face. 

Niall grabs Liam's hand from behind and whispers "Everything will be fine, Li.", Liam nods. Niall and Liam bring their awareness back to the conversation the others are having. "Lou, do you have anything to add?" said Zayn while looking at Louis. Louis was snapped out of his thoughts, he still hasn't said anything. "Yes, I agree with all of you, including Liam. Zayn, before you say anything, you know we can't win this war without the Night Hunt. With the destruction of almost all the Dawnbreak forces. We need alliances, we need friends. I will consider Liam's suggestion. I promise nothing." said Louis while looking at Liam. A small smile formed on Liam's lips.