Chapter IX

After a couple of hours, Athana arrives at the main gate of the Tomlinson estate. Athana and Romulus's men approach the gate. "You are on Lord Louis's property, I order you to vacate the property!" ordered the gatekeeper. "I only wish an audience with Captain Zayn." asked Athana. The gatekeeper nods, "Come with me" said the gatekeeper. The gatekeeper brings Athana and her men to the main hall. They are followed by several groups of guardsman. 

Zayn and other vampires are discussing offensive and defensive plans to use against Romulus and his forces. "Zayn, we must take an offensive action. We will be destroyed, like the Dawnbreak estate, if we don't take action." said an officer. "I under-" Zayn was interrupted by the gatekeeper. "Captain, Athana requests an audience with you." stated the gatekeeper. Zayn nods and heads to the main hall. "Should I alert, our lord?" asked an officer. "No, he doesn't need to be bothered." said Zayn while walking to the main hall. 

"What do you want, Athana?" asked Zayn with anger in his eyes. Athana steps towards Zayn, the guardsman raise their weapons to her chest. "Zaynie, I have an offer for you." said Athana while grabbing his hand. Zayn jerked his hand away. "Can I have a minute alone with you?" asks Athana. Zayn dismisses the guards to allow Athana to speak her mind. "What is it?" said Zayn with a rude tone. "My lord has an offer for you." said Athana while trying to place a kiss on Zayn's cheek. Zayn doesn't respond to her statement. "My lord would like to offer you a place by his side. You are one of Louis's greatest soldiers. You are a powerful vampire, we only accept the best. Do you like this offer?" said Athana. 

"No. I loved someone a long time ago, your sexual appeal won't work on me. Get out now! Guards!" demanded Zayn. A group of guardsman enter the room to escort Athana and her men out of the estate. She leaves with ease, not causing any harm to anyone. After a couple of minutes, Rowan comes downstairs. "Athana was here, was she not?" questioned Rowan. Zayn nods. "I could smell her from a mile. She is a disgusting and vile woman. Zayn, go and get some rest. I will take over your duties." said Rowan with a bright smile. Zayn nods, he leaves and goes to his bedroom. 

~~~

An officer enters Louis's bedroom to report about the previous situation between Zayn and Athana. After discussing the situation, the guardsman is about to leave when Louis interrupts him. "Guardsman, please inform Zayn, I will be gone with Harry all day. Thank you." said Louis. The guardsman nods and leaves the room to inform Zayn. 

Louis gently nudges Harry, "Haz, it's time to get up." said Louis with a warm smile. Harry groans and turns opposite to Louis. "Lou, I don't want to go to work today. Please don't make me go." begs Harry while giving Louis a pout. Louis turns him over so they are facing each other. Louis has many surprises and plans for Harry today. "Do you know what day it is?" asked Louis. Harry moves his head left to right indicating a no. "It's your birthday silly!" yelled Louis. Louis and Harry's lips meet for a kiss filled with passion and love. Louis pushes Harry back on to the bed, Louis is gripping the hem of Harry's shirt. Louis tries to remove his shirt, "Lou, I can't." mumbled Harry. Louis gets off and says. "I understand, Haz. Now go take a shower, we are going out. I have laid out a pair a fresh clean clothes for you." Harry smiles and places a soft kiss on Louis's lips, before going to take a shower. 

During Harry's shower, Louis goes downstairs to the main hall. Zayn and Rowan are having a conversation about battle plans. "Lou, I was just informed that you will be gone today. Louis, I need you to be careful while you are gone. I don't want anything to happen to you." said Zayn. Zayn was worried that Romulus and Athana would attack Louis while he is out of the estate. "Zayn, I will only be a mile away. I am only taking him to the park, we will be fine." said Louis with a reassuring smile. Louis goes back upstairs to check up on Harry and to get ready to leave.

~~~

"Rowan, I am worried about Lou. I can't lose him, if he is captured or dies, I become lord of the estate. I never want that, ever." said Zayn with pleading eyes. Zayn has always valued his position as captain, he has never wanted Louis's position in anyway. He is a warrior at heart not a leader, he doesn't have any compassion or mercy like Louis. "Zayn, Louis will be perfectly fine, I can assure you that. I have ordered scouts to follow him from a distance." said Rowan while giving Zayn a hug. "Go and get Liam and Niall, it is time for breakfast." said Rowan. Zayn nods.