Wounded

"Jeremy," I practically cried out

Jeremy stormed over as grabbed me gently, pulling me towards him. "Are you okay?" He asked as he sent a glare to the two behind me.

I shook my head. "I had hurt my hands and ankle," I said as I leaned into him for support. Jeremy looked down to my hands and grimaced then down to my ankle. "Lets get you to a hospital," he said as he helped me out of the clinic.

"He won't like that," Leo called out.

"I don't give two fucks about what he likes or not. If he has a fucking problem, tell him to bury me alive," Jeremy snapped back and led us to his car. I carefully climbed into the passengers side as Jeremy helped with my seatbelt. He closed the door and all other noises shut off as I watched them argue.

After their argument, Jeremy got in and drove us off to the hospital while cursing all the way about Leo and Jennifer. When we got there, so had Nancy. She rushed over in a panic. "Scarlett! Are you okay? Oh my gosh!" Her eyes widen at the injuries on my hands.

Both Jeremy and Nancy led us inside the hospital and immediately, a doctor was able to see and fix me up. As soon as I know it, I was back at home. "Thanks," I said as I took the water bottle from Nancy.

Jeremy came back from the kitchen after talking on the phone. He sat on the coffee table in front of me as I stared at me. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. "Upset." I frowned. "I mean, how am I suppose to pay rent and my utilities? What about grocery and my puppies!"

Jeremy shook his head. "Don't you worry about a thing dear. I got your back along with Nancy and Jenkins. He knows what happened so he'll ease off of you. If you want, we could always ask Jenkins to see if he'll let you keep Soul around to keep you company."

"Really?" I asked. I looked between the two through the blur. I felt so heart-warmed on the inside. They both were like father and mother to me and I felt grateful for them both.

Jeremy smiled. "Yes."

Nancy chuckled and kissed my head. "If anything, just call us." She moved back a little and hugged me from the side as I leaned into her motherly comfort.

A week and a half went by and my ankle was doing better. Three weeks after that, my hands were still a pain in my butt. I sat behind the counter as I waited for Jenkins to return from washing his hands so he could re-bandage my hands. As I waited though, I was greeted by many familiar neighbors of the building. "You should work behind the counter often, Scarlett! I know you'll always put a smile on everyone's faces. Unlike old men Jenkins," an elderly woman said as a snicker was heard to the left of us.

Looking over, I stifled a laughter at Jenkins smirk. "Shut it woman and get out of here."

The woman hissed then waved him off, walking away to the elevator. I bursted out laughing with Jenkins. "Okay, China Doll, lets get you wrapped up."

I smiled as I crossed my legs on the chair and put one hand out first. Jenkins carefully applied the medicine and wrapped it up. "A few more days yet and you have permission to go back to work." I quietly cheered but my grin, of course, gave it all away. Jenkins threw his head back and laugh. "Look at that gigantic smile! Child, stop being a workaholic!"

I clicked my teeth then smiled again when he finished wrapping my hands. He took them and kissed both palms as I giggled. "Thanks old man," I said as I got up from my chair and pecked his cheek.

"Jenkins," gruff voice sounded from the counter. We both looked over to first see, his dark emerald eyes. His raven haired was now dyed into a dark red and was nicely cut and slicked back. I swallowed as his gaze burned into me. I backed up behind Jenkins who blocked me from his view. "Ryder, what do you want?" Jenkins asked like hissed.