His Mark

A week and a half goes by and Ryder is massaging my ankle right now while on his phone at the same time. His structured face is scrunched up in anger, though, his touch is still soft. Being around him for this long, I still don't understand him at all. "If you need to go to work, you can go," I said for the hundreth time as I pulled my feet back and hid it under the thin couch blanket I was under. "I'll just-"

Ryder grunted like growled making me cower away from him. I slowly received his glare and godly twitching jaw. I fell silent as my heart thumped painfully hard against my chest. He licked his lips and stood up to his full height. He stuffed his phone in his pocket and then extended a hand towards me without any eye contact. I swallowed hard and closed my MacBook. I swung my legs over to the open side of the couch and sat up, placing my hand inside his larger ones.

Firmly gripping my hand, he pulled me up and immediately faced me. I stumbled back a bit with surprise but Ryder had wrapped an arm around my waist and leaned in close to my face while he let go of my hand. "I'll go when I want to and stay as long as I want. If I'm here...I'm here," he said deadly as my beating heart was heard loudly in my ears and my mind became hazy with his closeness. His cigarette breath mixed with mint bounced against my face and messed with my senses. His emeralds burned into me making me unconsciously nod.

Ryder pulled back, walking away from me to the door. I stood there dazedly and tried catching my breath. He pulled on his jacket and shoes. "I'll be back to take you out for dinner. Don't," he paused and turned around as I sucked in a breath. "Even think about leaving this damn apartment."

His intense stare already told me a harsh punishment if I did and I didn't want that. Not. At. All. Ryder turned around once again and headed out. I finally let go of my breath shakily as I placed a hand over my chest, smoothing it out. I jumped with a small yell as my phone went off loudly. I threw my Mac on the couch and carefully made my way to the kitchen. I picked up my phone and looked down at the text.

Samantha: Lets go clubbing!

I rolled my eyes and replied with a simple "No" and put my phone on silent to ignore all the future texts she was going to send me. I went back over to the couch and turned on the TV and watched whatever there was to watch. I don't know how long it was but I had fallen asleep and woke up to a dark apartment with nothing on but my TV. I sat up and stretched and went to turn everything on before turning off the only light in the room. I headed into my room and grabbed my towel to take a shower.

After taking my sweet time in there, I wrapped the towel around me after rubbing my hair of all the excess water in my hair. I dressed up in a shirt and shorts and headed back out to check my phone.

Shawn: I want to talk. Meet me at Samual's

I frowned. I hesitated for a good hour until I decided to go. I dressed up in a simple white sleeve knee length dress. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and took out some hair cover my studded ear. I pulled on a pair of black wedges. I put my phone in my clutch and deeply breathed. I took my spare key and put in the zipper of my clutch and pulled on my leather jacket. I locked up and left.

I made it to the restaurant and exited the cab. On my way there though, my mind was going through what to say and what to do. I was stressing out until I just gave up and decided to tell Shawn how it is, how I felt, and how it's going to be. I walked along the sidewalk as other people passed by with their friends and partners. Reaching the restaurant, Shawn was waiting patiently outside with a bouquet of roses in his hands. The beauty of this city was better at night where the lights shown its true flaws and beauty. Although beautiful, it was also dangerous traveling alone. He turned his head and saw me. Shawn straightened his back and looked me over with a hard swallow. I approached him as a chill breeze tickled my skin. "You look beautiful like always," he says.