Claiming Right

I sat there just watching him on the screen until Leo entered and put a folder in front of me on my desk. "What's this?"

Leo walked over to the cabinet filled with liquor and poured himself a drink and downed it in a split second. "Open it and you'll find out," he said as he put the cup down and started pacing the room, tugging at his hair.

I opened it up to find Scarlett's profile. I read through it and couldn't tear my eyes away. It was all about her past, how her life have had been. All of it brought even more anger to me. "That day she went missing? Her father had taken her when she passed out at her apartment."

"Frank Novak," I growled.

He was more of an enemy to us than a friend. He backstabbed us in a drop on foreign land when we were delivering some goods to our customers. When guns started to go off, they were already running with our customer's men escorting them. Customers who were undercover agents of the FBI and CIA. AJ was with me then, he had been shot down with many of our other men. We couldn't do a search and rescue for him therefore having to leave him to fend for himself if he was still alive.

And I guess he was.

Dad told us to forget about it. Said he taught us better as to defend ourselves and keep our mouths shut.

I stood from my chair and glared at the screen where he sat on the bed with his back against the wall. "Where's the princess?" I asked as I started to walk. Leo followed in my footsteps. "In your room."

I stopped and turned to stare at him. I debated with myself whether I wanted to beat the shit out of AJ to get information or to go and comfort the love of my life. "Right now it's best you deal with AJ. There's a reason why he's back," Leo said. "I'll stay with Scarlett until you're done."

I watched him walk away. "I'll deal with him," Dad's voice came out of no where. I looked to his direction as he came out of the corner of the hall. He looked like he was ready to kill someone, someone particularly AJ whose been missing for years and the one who have done such things to Scarlett. "Go and be with Scarlett," was all he said before he left.

I turned on my heel and went to my room. Outside the door, I could hear muffled and disoriented voices. I entered to find Leo tugging at his hair. He looked over. "Go stay with Kamier and make sure he doesn't kill AJ just yet," I ordered.

Leo nodded and left.

I loosened up my tie and threw it off, unbuttoning the top few buttons on my shirt. I threw off my jacket onto the couch and brushed back my hair. I looked to the bathroom as the water to the sink was heard running. I pushed myself forward and entered. She was leaning forward over the sink with her eyes tightly closed, holding back sobs although they had escaped her silently. Her hands were clenched and her chest heavily moved in and out.

I stood closely behind her and leaned in to place a kiss on her bare shoulder, startling her to turn around to face me with red eyes. Her gasps sounded terrified and I could audibly hear her heart pounding loudly. She stared up at me, breath shaking, form trembling. My princess looked terrified. Petrified.

Her beautiful browns soon soften as tears slipped from them. I cupped her face and wiped them away with my thumbs. "I'm here, love." And she broke. I moved closer to her and leaned in to plant a kiss upon her plush crimson red lips until she moved back. Her eyes fluttered as her breathing was short and trembling. "Why is Theo here?" She whispers in a raspy voice.

"His real name is AJ. He was kidnapped when he was just three," I start to explain as I dropped my hands from her, clearly knowing that she needs her space although I was fighting with myself internally to stay very close to her. I turned off the water then I moved myself to sit on the edge of the jacuzzi and kept my eyes on her. "We found him again after he turned thirteen under the name of Theo Liksis. We approached him and told him who he was. He didn't believe it at first until we proved to him about things that only he knew. The year your parents adopted Theo, was also the year he had been kidnapped."