Voices

"You calling me weak, Leno?" I asked.

He looked to the ground as the men standing behind him did the same. Slowly, Leno hesitated to look up and once he made eye contact with me he stirred. "No, Princess. I'm just saying that there is more good to you than one can see. You could have killed me but you didn't because you still have a good conscience in you. A reason why I have followed you in the first place."

The doors bursted open. "We found his location Princess. He's on the move to go out of country with his family."

I stared Leno down. "You wouldn't have let those children go either," someone said from behind Leno. "The ones that stole from you. But you did. You even gave them your ring in case they needed extra money, or if they ever needed help from you...they could just show off your ring to find you."

"Enough," I hissed.

"You spared me and my family when you had found out it was me, who had slipped the drug in your drink that night," someone else said. "Even gave us money to support ourselves until we were stable enough to be on our own."

I clenched my hands.

"You even put us under your protection even when King Kamier denied it after we tried to ambush the Quantum family."

"I said enough!" I boomed. Everyone took a step back. I glared at each of them. I, am not weak. I will not falter.

"Princess," Leno called out softly. "You saved our life therefore we owe you ours and are willing put our own before yours even if you tell us not to."

Do not let their voices in. Do not let them stop you. I lifted up my head and stood straighter. "None of you are to move from this place until I get my hands on King Reed and his family." I turned on my heel and headed towards the door. I turned to one of those that had entered the gym to inform me of King Reed's location. "Shoot, if they move," I ordered as I left, slamming the door behind me.

They were all standing around the cars as I made my way to Leo and got in the SUV. He shut my door and entered the driver's seat. Louie got into the passenger and three others in the back with me. On our way there, no one spoke a word. All you could hear was the clicks of our guns and the tires running beneath us. Once we got closer to the loading docks, I gave them my order. "Keep them alive."

I leaned against the window and watched them squirm as they yell each at other for everyone's mistake. "This is all your fault! You just couldn't fucking keep still!"

"Mine?! If you discipline your daughter better, we would have not lost MY land!"

"And who exactly was it that taught her to fight in the first place if not you? Huh?! And whose decision was it to even TRY to kill her? And whose damn stupid decision was it to flee the same day she was being ambushed?! It's all you you asshole!"

I sighed as I tiredly closed my eyes. "I'm guessing Leno talked to you," Leo said as he now stood beside me. I looked up at him. "You do know I still don't trust him right?" Leo turned his body so he was leaning against he window facing me. He crossed his arms as his eyes flared with a certain angered look. "If you let him in now, he will be your downfall."

I nodded and looked to King Reed and his family. "I know," I practically whispered out. I leaned my head against the window with another sigh. "And yet...I had always thought Ryder was the one who could tell me otherwise." My chest became heavy. I slumped my shoulders and stared at the family within the familiar four walls that seem to have seen more blood than a war have shed.

"Don't tell me you're falling for that asshole," Leo asked in a deadpan voice. I cracked a smile and looked back at him.

"Should that question even need to be asked?"