His Return

I silently sat in the car next to my sister as I looked out the window to find the city lights flash by quickly. "Here will do," my sister said as the car came to a halt. She paid the cab driver and ushered me out.

Following her out, she hooked her arm around mine as she led us to the club where her friends were meeting up with us. "I don't think Ryder will like this," I said as I moved out of people's way and squeezed myself between the crowd. "Oh! Sorry," I apologized as I bumped into someone.

"Oh forget about him! Jesus, Scarlett," she scolded. "You're a grown woman. You have the right to make your own decisions."

I looked behind me to find Leo was still following us making me feel at least better and safer. Samantha kept tugging me until we arrived at the club. We entered the nosy place filled with sweaty bodies and drunken people. I breathed nervously. It had been awhile since I've been in a crowded place and it was making me feel uneasy.

"Scarlett, if you have forgotten, this is Hanny, Gigi, Francen, Daniel, Paul and your least favorite, Jason," Samantha introduced them from her right and all the way to the other end. I gave them a small smile and nodded.

"Yeah, I remember." I looked to Jason who gave me a smile. "How are you Jason?"

He nodded. "Good. Got myself a girlfriend now and we're doing pretty good."

Everyone hooted and howled as I smiled. "That's good then. Is she here also?"

He shook his head. "She has to work tonight."

"Maybe next time?" I asked.

Jason shrugged and nodded. "Yeah."

"Ladies..." Leo's voice came from behind me. "Gents. Hopefully you guys are having fun?" I looked up to him as he gave me a wink. "How about a dance?"

I nodded as he took me by the waist and led us to the dance floor away from them. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me in close, glaring at the table that they were at. "Ryder's not happy," he says as he looks back down at me.

"I know," I pouted. "How'd she get in the manse anyways?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know how our guests always waits downstairs? Well, Samantha was waiting in my room after I had taken a shower and she was looking through my stuff." Leo narrows his eyes and then looked to the table once again where Jason was watching us and Samantha was drinking with the others. He was quiet for the longest time making me fidget. "Leo?"

"Was anything missing?" He asked as he stared down at me.

I frowned. "What did she do?"

We stopped dancing as Leo cupped my face. "I need you to listen very carefully okay? Samantha may be your sister, but she was also the reason why you got into that car accident."

"Leo, I'm confused. What are you trying to say?"

He leans in and kisses my forehead then bends down to whisper in my ear. "Your brother is nearby somewhere and we've been trying to find him before he gets too close."

I held my breath. Leo rubbed his thumb on my cheeks as I let it out in a pant. "W-why would s-she..."

"I don't know Princess. I need to make a phone call so whatever you do, do not leave that boy's sight and do not drink anything. You hear?"