L I F E - T W O

A/N: For fuck's sake! After all that procrastinating for the past month, I have finally uploaded a chapter and for that I should apologize. I am truly deeply sorry! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Much love from your girl, R.

My hands became sweaty although I could see the answer in her teary beautiful brown eyes. She dropped her hands from her mouth to her chest and laid them flat. She opened her mouth, ready to give me my answer when all of a sudden all I saw was her falling. Her blood flew towards me and splattered across my face. My heart, that had beat so rapidly before seemed to have stopped.

And down.

Down.

Down, she fell to the hot sand that soon start to soak up her blood. Down to the ground where the sun beamed down on her as she gasps for breath. Everyone screaming all around me out of horror and terror. People running past us for their own safety. "Scarlett!" My mother wails out.

"Scarlett!" Princess Nina shrieks.

"Princess!" The boys roars.

And everything just seemed to either slow down or pick up its pace because I was now getting ready to kill the one man who set out to take her away from me. As I sit here in this room with my brothers and men, no one spoke a word and the atmosphere was tense. Mom came into the room red in the eyes and tear stained her cheeks. Most of us all stopped what we were doing and waited for her to speak. I finished putting my gun back together then cocked it before setting it aside and picking up another. "She's stable," she hoarsely said to all of us.

"Put your guns down," Dad then said from behind mom. I abruptly stop and sent a glare his way. He moved to stand beside mom and stared back at me with his usual dark look. "Come." He turned back around as I stood up and followed along with Leo, Louie, and Landon. Entering the study, Kamier went to pick up a remote control and turned on the tv. On the screen showed of Paul's security feeds we had hacked into just minutes ago. "The place is surrounded by dozens of his men and undercover FBI agents. If we go in now, there's no telling what will happen to both sides of the party."

"Fuck," Louie grunted. "We go in, we get busted by the pigs."

"We wait it out, there's not telling when we'll have an opportunity again," Leo then said.

I clenched my fists and glared at the screen. It was quiet for the longest time. No one spoke a word. "Get me Randell."

"Ryder, think about it first," Landon argued. "What about the princess? She'd be upset if she knew. She'll probably go into depression or even worse bro." I sent him a dark look and stood chest to chest with him. "Don't do this man."

"You do you," I said. I slightly leaned in. "And keep her sane." Landon shook his head and was about to protest again when Leo soon tapped the phone against my arm. I took it from his hand and turned around to talk more privately with the one guy who I had a very firm hold on. I put the phone to the my ear and walked to the large window. I stuffed my hand in my pocket and took a deep calm breath. "I want to get some life insurance and I want to do it as soon as possible."

"...What is it that you want?"

I now stood in front of his home with my hands in my pockets and sat casually on the hood of my car. I took out my phone and looked down at it, hovering my thumb over a picture that Leo had sent me months before Scarlett became mine. It was of her alone in a park with a pitbull. She had a relaxed smile on her face. She looked credibly happy.

Maybe she would have had been happy if she hadn't met me. Maybe she would have had been happy...I clutched the phone in my hand and shoved it back in my pocket. I looked up just as the gates opened. Paul walked towards me with a smug smirk. "Ryder Isaac Quantum," he greets. I gritted my teeth and took a deep slow death. "What brings you here. And by yourself for that matter."