Dinner With Allies...And Others

I was shaken awake. "Scarlett! Wake up!"

I shot my eyes open to have Leo staring down at me with worry and anger in his eyes. "Leo," I crooked. I sat up and threw my arms around him as he hugged me back, rubbing my back. "Shit, sis," he breathed. "You scared me shitless."

"He," I breathed. "H-he."

I couldn't speak. I was so horrified. Oh god. Leo's blood. So much of it was all over the place. "Sh," he sounded out. "It's okay. I'm here."

I buried myself into his shoulder and sobbed my heart out. "He killed you," I whispered. "He...got you." I sniffled and sobbed. I felt so weak. I was so exhausted. "So much...so much blood."

Leo's grip tightened. "It was a dream, Scarlett. Hush now," he softly said as he started to rock us. "I'm still here."

I sniffled and sobbed some more and eventually, I fainted from such a rush.

When the sun came up, I was still in bed. I held the blanket close to me and every once in a while, I would cry. He slaughtered him. He...I buried my face in my blanket and cried. The door opened and closed. Fast footsteps moved towards me and then the bed dipped. "Scarlett?" Leo whispered. He removed the blanket and I covered my face.

"I'm so sick and tired of this," I whispered brokenly. I relaxed into the bed and muffled my sobs. "I'm so tired."

Leo leaned down and kissed my head, rubbing my back. "Maybe I should talk to mom about this..." He mumbled. I shook my head and stared at him out of horror. "No! I don't want her to know. No. No."

"Okay, okay. Sh," he brought me up into a hug as I cried into his chest. "I won't let her know. I got you."

"She can't know. No one should know," I Whispered sobbing at the same time.

After calming down some, I eventually took a shower and fixed myself up a bit to look presentable for lunch. I looked at myself one last time and frowned at my bloodshot eyes. Leo had already left to go downstairs to tell them he won't be having lunch with them so I couldn't ask him how I look in his eyes.

I sighed and slumped my shoulders, something I've been doing a lot lately.

I got my bag and headed out. I made my way down the hall and towards the grand stairs. With each step I took, their voices became louder. With each step I took, my nerves invaded my body. I played with the strap of my bag. "I can do this. Just..." Ascending down the stairs, I could see Ryder.

His hair was shorter now, considering they had to stitch his head. He looked...less dangerous this way. But then again, I wasn't looking straight at him. Just to the side of him. And yet, my heart sped up at the single look at him. I missed him.

I swallowed the lump. "Just don't look at any of them." I whispered. I made it to the bottom of the stairs. Leo came from the garage and when he saw me he gave me a warm smile. "Hi red eyes," he greeted making me pout.

"Oh shush," I mumbled.

He lightly chuckled. Leo came over and kissed my head. "Wait here." Leo entered the dining area. "Hey gang. Me and Scarlett and going to head on out." I turned my back to the dining room, looking everywhere but over my shoulders.

I clenched the strap of my bag once more. "What? Scarlett's here?" Came Landon's voice. The chair scrapped against the floor when Kamier voice halted all of them.

"Sit down," he ordered. "Make sure she eats, Leo."

"Of course, Kamier." I jumped when Leo's hand touched my back. "Let's go, Princess."