Confession of Mafia

After we arrived, Ryder ordered Leo to take me to the study in the back of this giant warehouse. "I'll be there soon," Ryder says. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me forward. Ryder leaned in, "Stay in the room. Don't be nosy."

I glared at him and slapped his hands off me. "I won't. Unlike someone I know."

I turned away from him and walked off as Leo chuckled behind me. So now, I was sitting on his chair behind his desk as Leo laid down on the couch exhausted. I swayed the chair back and forth. "Is Ryder keeping track on me?" I asked.

Leo's chest stopped moving. Slowly turning to look at me, his eyes held hesitation. "Why?"

"I promise I won't get angry."

He licked his lips then sat up. Leo brushed his hair back and nodded. "Ryder asked one of our best tech guy to install a gps tracker into the necklace Ryder gave you before he left out of country. I mean, all the ladies without a brand has the same necklace but-"

"Brand?" I interrupted. "As in?"

"A tattoo specifically telling everyone who knows of us that you're one of us and if they mess with you, they mess with us."

I blinked at him, unbelieving the words I was hearing.

Leo stood up and lifted up his shirt to reveal his tattooed abs that consisted of the same image as my necklace. Just below it was written in beautiful handwriting, "Knight To The House Of Quantum."

I looked back up at him as he dropped his shirt and walked over to me. Leo took a deep breath and crouched down in front of me, holding my hands. "I know I shouldn't be the one telling you this but I know for a fact that Ryder isn't going to." He paused for what seemed like forever. "We're the Mafia."

"What?" I whispered shocked.

Leo's grip on my hands slightly tighten but stayed silent to let it sink in a bit.

I looked away from Leo. My mind raced to all the events that happened to me and how Ryder always showed up out of no where. The death glares and stares. "I guess that makes...kind of sense," I mumbled.

"Wait. You're okay?" Leo asked shocked.

I shrugged. "No. I mean...How-wait," I abruptly stopped talking. "Teddy!" I stood up. "Don't tell me-"

"Yes."

"I have to stop him," I quickly say and was about to go when Leo stopped me and pushed me back down on the chair. "You can't go. If you stop it now and Ryder ends up letting Teddy go, Teddy and his family will retaliate. His family is also part of the Mafia."

"But-"

Leo shook his head and held my hands. "Teddy was in the wrong and we have surveillance proof that he touched and harmed what was part of the Quantum house."

"But Ryder's going to kill him."

"Ryder has no choice. If he doesn't do this, Ryder will be known as a joke to everyone. No one will take him seriously and the reputation of the Quantum family will fall. Ryder worked hard to become what he's meant to be so if you go in there now and stop it all from happening, it's game over for Ryder."

I bit my lip and let it all sink in.

"He has to, Princess," Leo says softly. I slumped in my chair and crossed my arms. "Princess?"

I took a deep breath. "I want to know everything as much as possible."

Apparently, Ryder's family have been in the Mafia since forever. His first grandparents were once respectable and rich people until they were betrayed by their so called friends, stripping their grandparents of their title, money, and reputation. The grandparents ended up on the streets, scrapping up whatever food they could and when the grandfather had had enough, he got into the line of gangsters. Stealing from the rich and giving some back to the poor.