Tell Me Something Mafia

I was there when she slept. For days. Weeks. Months. I dedicated my time for her.

With her.

I watched her surgery happen from the behind the glass window. My world crumbled when her heart monitor went flat and it felt like forever when they revived her back.

I haven't been that petrified for the longest. It has been long since the last time I held my breath for someone. That my heart hammered with fear.

She hasn't opened her eyes yet. She's been in a coma right after her surgery. Not even a sound or motion to let me know she hears me talking to her.

And I was getting frustrated.

Irritated.

Infuriated.

"Bro, calm down," Landon said. "You know she could hear you right?"

"If she hears me why the fuck is she not waking up?!" I growled out. I grabbed my chair and threw it across the room nearly getting Landon if he hadn't ducked in time. "It's been months bro!" I tugged at my hair.

"Whoa! Calm down!" Landon came over and tugged me to the door. "Let's go man. Let's go have a breather."

We smoked. Or more like me. I took out the carton again but grunted when I find it empty. I crushed it in my hand and threw it at the wall. "God fuck-"

"Ryder!"

I turned to find my mother walking towards me with her same teary eyes. She came barreling at me and surrounded her arms around me. "Mom," I gritted.

"Shut up and just hold me damn it!" She sobbed. "Why isn't she awake yet?!"

I deeply breathed and reluctantly held her for my own sake. Mom pulled back and wiped her tears. "You know," she hiccuped out. "Scarlett was actually the one I wanted you to marry." She sobbed and hiccuped. "But I didn't think it'll be this long to have grandchildren running around the damn mansion and yelling at each other!"

"Mom," I sighed out as I dragged a hand down my face then through my hair. "Whoever said-"

"Shut up!" She scolded as she punched me in my stomach. I grunted out a cough and recomposed myself. Landon choked back a chuckle. "I'm getting too damn old for this, Ryder! I want my grandkids!" She was crying hard now. "God I hate you guys!"

She stormed off as I looked to Landon for an explanation. He chuckled. "Mom's been like this for awhile, bro and dad has been avoiding her because of it."

"They're married," I said deadpan.

"Yeah...well, try saying that to dad. He's denying it."

I growled out a sigh and threw my head back. "Jesus fucking christ."

Landon's phone went off breaking the dreadful silence. "Alright," He stuffed his phone back into his pocket. "I gotta bounce. The package is here waiting at the docks."

I nodded as we fist bumped.

I headed on inside and reentered her room.

Why did she have to look so peaceful? So beautifully gorgeous. So innocent. So pure.

They removed the broken chair and replaced it with a new one. I grabbed it and put it next to her bedside where it had been before. I sat down and immediately my hand went to grab hers. I pressed my lips to her knuckles and closed my eyes. "Come back to me, my love," I whispered.