Landon

A/N: I'm a pretty damn awesome author to update huh? Yeah...I know

The table was noisy with laughter and chatter although some of us were quiet. Ryder, particularly. The allies was Daviid's family and the others was from, quote to quote, the House of Sheridan who were also allies with Daviid's family but enemies for the House of Quantum.

"I never got the chance to compliment you, Miss Liksis, as to how beautiful you look tonight," Oscar, the oldest son from the House of Sheridan, complimented.

Oscar was a handsome man like most of the men I am surrounded by right now. He was bulky and cut. His black hair was clean cut and a goatee occupied his chin. Oscar gave me a sinister like smile as I couldn't do anything but politely smile back and before I could thank him, Ryder spoke up. "She is, isn't she?" He says with a smirk.

He gently grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. "I hate to say it but I hate her for that. Steals so many men's hearts just to break them. Teases them and leads them on just to make them beg on their knees for more."

I smiled and turned to stare at him. "And here you still are like a lost little puppy wanting to find his mama," I replied snake like, playing along with his mischief.

Ryder chuckled, leaning in. "Tu shay," he says as he pecks my lips. "Glad I found her then." He gives me a playful wink and proceeds to finish his food. The rest of the people laughed and cheered for both of us. Ryder looked to the others then back to me with a smirk.

"I would love a woman like yourself," Oscar then said.

"Os-" his father, Damon, was about to warn him when Oscar continued to speak anyways. "I'm willing to give you my heart to break and I always love a good tease."

"Oscar that is enough," His mother, Patricia, hissed out.

He sent her a glare then stared at me like I was the only one there in the room. "I'd give you my all and give you a life of ultimate luxury. Leave him and be with me."

It was silent for the longest time and the waves of anger coming off of both Landon, who was sitting on the other side of me, and Ryder made me feel...secured. "Why should she leave to be with a brute of a beast?" Landon said with a snicker. "By the time she steps foot in your car, she'd have bruises and even some broken bones just like your ex-wife...what was her name? Natalie? Paula? Julie?"

"I think it was Deanna," Louie interrupted.

"No," Leo said as he kept eating. "Deanna was the fifth wife and died of cancer. It was definitely Lilly."

"No...her name was Olivia," Ryder then said.

"Yeah!" Landon clapped his hands, laughing with the boys as Kamier clenched his jaw. "Olivia..." Landon whispered. "Such a seductive woman she was."

"King Hando's banquet," Leo said.

"Our engagement ceremony," Louie laughed grabbing Nina's hand and kissed the back of it. "Princess Nina was so upset, almost ripped the poor girl's hair out."

The Quantum family snickered along with some of the House of Daviid. "Keep talking!" Oscar pounded the table and stood up. I dropped my utensils with a gasp as Landon stood up. "What are you going to do about it?" Landon taunted.

A chair went flying towards Landon who had quickly dodged it. But I didn't. I blocked my face but the impact knocked me back, making me fall to the ground. "Princess!" Everyone yelled.

Oscar slid over the table and had Landon by the throat. "I'm going to kill you!" He roared.

Leo threw Oscar off then rushed over to me. He looked me over worriedly, then a blur past. Ryder had grabbed Oscar and sent multiple punches to him. Grunt and growls were heard as Leo pulled me to stand and pushed me behind him. I grabbed onto Leo's back and fearfully whimpered. And painfully.