Mad Interuption

I stood outside of his cell and looked at him through the glass. He looked weak and skinny. Unhealthy. Ryder came up behind me and placed his hands on either side of me as they rested on the ledge. I looked up at him as he stared at AJ. "Dad gave the order to starve him. He found out that AJ was working with Paul to get you back to be with them." I frowned. Ryder turned his head, leaned in and pecked my forehead. "I know." He looked back over to AJ as did I.

"Can I...can I talk to him?" I ask quietly and unsurely. I turned around and stared at him as he stepped closer. "For what?" He asks. Anger starting to show through his handsome greens. I cupped his neck and brought him down for a kiss. He grips the back of my neck and my back to bring me impossibly closer. I backed up, slowly placing pecks on his lips. "I love you," I whispered.

Ryder deeply sighed and lingered a kiss to my head, mumbling against it. "I don't want you in there long." I smiled and nodded. "I have an important meeting to attend so be careful okay?" I nodded again as he gave me a kiss before he left. I took a deep breath and turned to the door. Waiting for the click, I opened the door and entered. AJ opened his eyes and immediately sat up when he saw me. "Scarlett," he breathes.

"Hey AJ," I greeted blandly. He deeply frowned as his shoulders went slack. We stayed in silence as we just kept looking at each other. "I asked for permission to talk to you but it seems I don't even know what to say." My eyes begin to sting as I looked away. AJ's eyes went stern and cold. He leaned back against the brick wall and just stayed silent. I smiled and quietly scoffed. "Mom's living back with Paul along with Samantha." Which was a white lie. AJ's eyes faltered and looked everywhere but me. I took a hesitant step forward. "Did you know Paul also wanted me?" I asked as I took another step closer.

AJ whipped his head to stare at me. I took a few more steps and then kneeled in front of him, crossing my arms over his lap like I've always done when I was little. Anger starting to cloud his eyes. I stared up at him. "He went behind your back to try to get me AJ," I said. "Paul never cared about you." He clenched his jaw as his breathing became heavy. "He used you to get to me." He looked away in anguish. "AJ?"

I sighed. When he didn't answer me, I stood up and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him as his eyes held plea. "Why can't you be with me?" He asks so brokenly. I went back over to him and caressed his face as he gripped my waist. I stared down at him, giving him a sad smile. "We can only be siblings, AJ. Nothing more. I love you only as a brother and see you nothing but a brother. I've always had because it was you who took me away from them and protected me. Because you're also the reason why I'm still alive yet. I'm sorry we can't be like how you want it to be."

I rubbed my thumbs over his cheeks. "You're not how you were before AJ. You've changed. You've become obsessed with me, with your own sister and that's...that's just wrong AJ." I kissed his forehead and then backed away to the door. I waited for it to click and just as the door opened, AJ asks out of desperation. "If I become better, for you, will I be able to stay close? To see you?" I looked back at him and shrugged. "That's not for me to say or negotiate AJ. You'll have to talk to all your brothers about this." Once again his shoulders went slack and he looked away from me like a lost child deep in thought. I exited the room and looked at him again through the glass window.

"He'll be fine," Louie says from behind me. I turn and smiled as he came over and gave me a warm hug. "He's been like that for a few days now. Solitude must be getting to him." I looked to AJ as a ghostly sad smile crossed his face. I saw his eyes start to glaze over before he buried his face in his hands and started rocking himself. He soon feel into silent sobs. "After all he had done to me, I'm hurt to see him like this," I said to Louie while crossing my arms and holding myself. Louie rubbed my arms. "Well, I'm proud of you that you were able to get in the same room as he, Princess. Not a lot of people can do that, more or so just stare at them."