22.The Locket

LYDIA'S POV:

"What?"

I say in shock. I couldn't believe it. I was too late. Stiles looked down in guilt. I didn't blamed him. It was not his fault because I know he loves me more than Kira. I know it, and I'm right.

"I'm really sorry, Lydia." He said softly. I turned away from him. I didn't want him to see me tear down. I didn't want him to see me give up on him. I'm trying not to give up on us. I try. I don't want to but every time he does something, I keep on breaking myself in pieces.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and quickly turned around to face him. He fiddled with his fingers, sniffing.

I grabbed his hands without thinking and he looked up at me. "Stiles. I love you. And this time, I surely mean it. This are all my feelings."

No, it actually wasn't. It really wasn't but I want to see what happens next.

"Lyds, no. You don't. I told you. I can't be with you. We're too late."

I didn't let those words get me down. I held his hand tighter. "No, we're not. I promise you that we are not."

He was about to object but I kept talking. "It wouldn't be now. But I do know is later we will be together."

I stood up and walked out the door. When I closed it, I ran to my car and started letting my tears running down.

I cried harder, and harder. I had enough pain. Enough. I kept drowning myself in my tears. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. I couldn't.

Stiles. Gosh, it was finally my chance. My chance. Everything keeps on changing. First, he was that one guy who wouldn't stop getting my attention. Next, he would get mad at me for what I say. Then, he asks me out on a date. He would ask me if I loved him and to let all my feelings out. Then, he'll get mad. And now, he's with the girl that I trusted. The girl who betrayed me. The girl who stabbed me in the back.

I slammed my hand on the wheel. I looked for my purse when I just realized that I left it inside. I don't want to bear myself to go inside there and just see him in guilt.

Instead, I decided to go home. I kept on trying to look for it when I just realized it was in bag. I huff and sank down in my seat. How the hell am I supposed to go home? There's only one way. Meaning getting back inside and get my bag. I don't want to go back there, not now.

Okay, I got to think more. If I don't want to go there, there could still be chances that I have other options.
►Stay in my car and sleep

Or

►Leave my car and walk home

Hmm...okay. I don't want to see Stiles, so that leaves me to go walk home instead.

I got out of my car. "Goodbye. I'm so so sorry..." I actually meant the car. I apologize to it.

I backed away slowly and turned around to walk home. Good thing it was not that dark. The sun was coming down so.

At home

I can't. I can't walk more further. Almost...there. I kept on limping and limping. My feet got tired. When I reached the door, I sighed. Please be unlocked. Please. I hesitated and turned the knob slowly. Locked.

Dammit! Wait. The back window. I walked around to the back and searched the window. We unlocked it in case we are locked outside. Bad idea. I pleaded that we should hide a key outside for emergencies but my parents disagreed. They said it was better off if we had an open window. Yeah, burglars could come inside easily so they instead made the window look like it was no use.