23.Best Friend Rides

LYDIA'S POV:

I started getting ready for school. My mind was still flowing about last night. Today will be okay, I hope.

I went downstairs to find my mother setting up the table. When she saw me, she greeted me with a smile. "Good morning, sweetie! How you feeling?"

I smiled back,"Okay. What are we having for breakfast?"

My mom was about to say something when she just looked at me and stopped. "Honey, you don't look so good."

I frowned at her. "Mom, I'm fine." And I was. I didn't even teared up or anything. Why is she saying this. My tone of voice?

She pointed to the side of her lip. "You--you have something." I touched it but I didn't felt anything. My mom lead me to a mirror in the living room. There was a big smear of lipstick! Why did she told me now?

"There's something going on. What is it?" I turned around and sat down on the couch. "Mom, we're too late. Stiles and I are too late!" Tears didn't streamed down or even started on my eyes. What was happening to me?

She sat down beside me. "You are not late. You guys are just too scare to make mistakes with each other."

"Really?"

"Really. Maybe he doesn't have enough energy to be with you." She said. Like that's true. "Mom. If that is, why is he with Kira?"

She stared at me in disbelief. "Are you just saying crazy things or what?!"

I shooked my head slowly. She rubbed my back. "It'll be okay. Besides, you guys are perfect for each other. He's not giving up on you. Trust me."

"Okay"

"Come on," she stood up. "Let's go eat."

After breakfast

I went up into my room and grabbed my books and my other bag. My sweet, sweet designer bag of luck is with Stiles. Guess it wasn't lucky yesterday.

I came downstairs and called Allison.

"Hello?"

"Uh, Allison?" I said. "Oh hey! How you feeling, Lyds?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I'm fine. Can you give me a ride to school?" I asked. Allison was silent. "Sure. I'll be there..."

"Thanks. I'll see you."

Well, that went well. I waited for a few minutes when I heard Allison's car pull over. I went outside and jogged to her car.

"Hey girl!" I exclaimed. I don't want her to know that I was upset. She looked a bit confused. "Hey. What's the dig?"

"Nothing. Just woke up on the right side of the bed this time." I shrugged. Allison nodded and started backing up the car.

"So, really. Why are you so smiles, smiles today?" Allison asked. "Gosh, I don't know." I breathed.

She turned to me. "Come on! You know you have something!" Allison started poking my arm uncontrollably. "No. I'm serious. Just a good morning, that's all!" I put my hand atop of hers to make her stop.

"Well," she started. "Can I guess at least?"

I gave her a serious look. "Come on! I'm so sure you have something!" I shooked my head. We're back! "Go ahead, but I'm so sure that I have nothing."

Allison started patting her chin. "Okay. I think I know..."

I crossed my arms,"Like you do." I said and she huffed dramatically and turned to me. "Oh, trust me. I know!"