Chapter 3: Prince Nuada Silverlance

"Next lot, item 756.."the man at the auction said.

Syrena had made it to the auction. Well more like sneaked in. But had quite a hard time because one of the guards saw her fleeing figure from the window and had to hide until she was sure he wasn't looking for her anymore. Now she was sitting in the front row in the room looking over at the items that were around to see if she could spot her mother's necklace. But still couldn't find it anywhere.

"300,000.." the biding started on that big stone statue of a woman.

Syrena kept tuning everyone around her out as she continued to search for the necklace. She spotted one of the men bringing in two case and that's when she found it. The beautiful amethyst jewel and golden necklace that was shining in the light as it made it's way in front of her. Before she thought to go and grabbed it there was something else that caught her eye. In the other case they brought in was a golden piece. The siren knew she recognized it from somewhere, but just couldn't remember where.

"Here they are, our next two items."

Suddenly the lights went off and everyone around her started to panic.

"Laddies and gentlemen, please keep your seats, the auction will restart shortly."

Everyone calmed down enough at his words and sat down back while Syrena still sat there staring at the golden piece in the front. It screamed familiarity.

"For the first time at an auction, the necklace of Queen Juriko the siren, and a piece of the royal crown of Bethmora. Both coming from long, lost cultures." the announcer says.

"Lost?"

Syrena along with all the other people in the room looked to the side and saw a pale man with long hair come out from the shadows. No not a man, an elf. The ears were a dead give away along with his scent that distinctively told her he was not human. This elf made his way towards the announcer with a box he was carrying.

"Not at all. Forgotten by you perhaps. Both very, very much alive."the elf says. He placed the box on the ground and the seal on it twisted around until it stopped.

"Who are you, sir? Sir, please identify yourself you cant just-"

"I am Prince Nuada, Silverlance son of King Balor. And I am here sir, to reclaim back what is rightfully mine."

"Prince Nuada.." Syrena said under her breath.

Where has she heard that name before? Now was not the time to ponder things when she had something very much more important to do while everyone was distracted. Carefully from her seat she stretched a hand out to grab her mother necklace from its case.

"Hey you!" Syrena was suddenly pulled out of her seat and came face to face with the guard that had spot her earlier.

"What do you think your-"

She grabbed his head and with all her strength hit it against the glass case where the necklace was being held and watched it brake. Letting the guards unconscious body go and fall to the floor, grabbing the necklace and holding it in her palm.

"Miss, what are you doing?"

Syrena looked towards the announcer and then looked down at the necklace she clutched in her hand.

"You humans wiped away my kind. Your ancestors took my mother, and this necklace from me a long time ago. I'm not going to let you take something of mine ever again." Syrena says.

After staring down the terrified man she met the yellow eyes of Prince Nuada who was starring at her with curiosity and interest. Without hesitation she put the necklace on.

"Security! Call security!"

Two guards came crashing through the glass door and there was a mechanical hand on top of them. The hand started to crawl back from where it came and soon out of the shadows a very tall troll appeared.

He placed a similar box like Nuada's down onto the floor as well, then let out a roar the caused everyone started to go into immediate panic. Syrena couldn't help it and laughed at the humans terror while fearlessly walking down towards the troll and reached to gently touch his mechanical hand. The siren wondered what happened to him that made his receive this metal arm. There was a scream behind her and she turned and looked to see that the bald auctioneer on the floor with some octopus thing with one eye on his face. She then saw that Prince Nuada had the crown piece in his hands. Everyone stareted to get out of their seats. Syrena was going to go past them and towards the nearest window when the troll surprised her as he grabbed her arm and pushing her behind him.

"SIT DOWN! ALL OF YOU!" Nuada yelled and Syrena felt a shiver go down her spine. Everyone sat down, scared out of their minds.

"Empty, hollow things that you are!"Nuada said.

"Let this remind you why you once feard the dark." the prince spoke in almost a whisper as he reached down and started opening up the box.

At first Syrena saw nothing. But then she saw these small little teeth and whatever it was in the boxes started flying out in rapid speed attacking the guest who let out screams of pain and horror. The large troll turned to her with a worried face while she looked at him with wide eyes. He started pushing her towards the door as he started speaking nonsense.

"What?" Syrena asked.

"Princess...go!" was the only words she heard from him.

Syrena nod her head and started making her way out of the room leaving screaming massacre behind and down the hall. This wasn't how she planned this event to happen in her head. She made her way to the door when the fairy like creatures from the box appeared to have followed her. She swatted and batted at them as she backed up and felt one of them bite the skin of her arm. The jem on her necklace glowed.

"ENOUGH!" Syrena yelled.

Holding her hands out as strong wave of energy went  out from her palms and blew the fairies off of her. But it was too strong for her as well and she didn't even register crashing through glass as she fell out the window.