Chapter 28 : Glory

Syrena's eyes adjusted as she felt her feet on the ground again. She could feel Nuada's hand on her waist. The group looked around. They were back in Bethromra. Her Home. Syrena saw they were in the middle of her old village.

It was still night and Syrena noticed the glowing yellow eyes that hid behind the trees and bushes. Syrena's mother walked out, her hands up in the air.

"It's alright, ladies. No need to hide. " Juriko said.

Leaves started to shake and move as the sirens came out from their hiding spots. Came up and crowd Juriko, bowing some giving her hugs. Syrena smiled at the scene before turning around and looking at the sirens and tranced agents who had came back with them.

"Take them away, get them ready for the feast." Syrena said.

They nod their heads and drag the men away by their ropes. As they disappear All the remaining sirens that was surrounded by Juriko turned and looked at Syrena and Nuada.

"My people," Juriko started. "My daughter returns."

All of them soon crowd Syrena, bowing, and giving her hugs which she returned.

"Alright now. Leave her be, give her space." Juriko said.

At command they backed off moving away, huddled in a group. Syrena looked down at Nuada.

"How does it feel to be back home for good?" he asked.

"It feels....good. Not much of a happy atmosphere as I used to remember." Syrena said.

"Oh, that will change!" Juriko said.

She walked up to Syrena and grabbed her hands and started to pull her away from Nuada. With a wide smile she looked down at her daughter. Syrena was tall but her mother was defiantly taller than her by a few inches.

"Come, Syrena. It's time to bring all of Bethromra up from the dust and dark. Back to its true glory." Juriko said.

¸.•*¨*'•¸.•*¨*'•¸

Juriko leads Syrena far out from their village. Syrena knew where they were going, she could recognize her surroundings. She looks at her mothers back and stared at her arrows and bow, well her mothers bow.

The arrows remind her of when her mother shot her brother in the shoulder. Syrena casted her eyes down. No, not her brother. Her mother looks back at Syrena with a small smile.

"You've been awfully quite, my dear." Juriko says.

"I know." Syrena said.

"What troubles you, Syrena? And don't you dare lie to me."

"I was thinking about my adoptive brother....he's been on my mind, and I know that he will come and try to get me to come back-"

Juriko stopped, her smile flattening as she turned around. She grabbed Syrena by her shoulder and gave them a squeeze.

"Do not worry about that demon. He will not dare try to come here and take you away. And if he even takes a step into Bethromra, I will gladly kill him myself."

Syrena nods her head and her mother let's go. Juriko turns around and they continue walking.

"Mother, I never asked...who was my real father? What was he like?" Syrena asked.

"Well he wasn't smart, that's for sure. He never suspected what I really was. But always did ask questions. Very curious that man...I see that's the one trait you got from him. Curiosity."