Chapter 33 : Happiness

3 more chapters until this book comes to an end! I'll do a sequel, but it's up to you guys! Here's the chapter!

Once Syrena got into her room she laid down on her bed face down into her pillows. She didn't want to hurt Myers, she didn't want to kill. What was her mothers problem? Their has to be something else than their love to be forbidden. Syrena heard her door open.

"Go away!" Syrena yelled, her voice muffled by her pillows.

"What is the matter?"

Syrena lifts up her head and looks towards the door. Nuada stood there in nothing but his pants, his hair wet. He must have just finished bathing. Syrena put her head in her hands and continue to cry. She felt warm gentle hands on her shoulders.

"Why are you crying my love?" Nuada asked.

"My mother," Syrena sniffles."She hates me."

Grabing her hands Nuada brought them away from her face. Black oil stained and smeared on her cheeks.

"What is this?" Nuada asked.

"I don't know. I've never cried oil before." Syrena said.

She closed her eyes and whipped away any remaining tears. Nuada got up and walked into her bathroom. He came back with a rag, and a bowl filled with warm water. Dipping the rag into the bowl, he started to clean up her face and hands until there was no more oil left. After he was finished he put the bowl to the side.

"Thank you." Syrena said.

"What did you mean by saying that your mother hates you?" Nuada asked.

"She knows about us. She says that it is forbidden for us to be together."

"It is."

"And you knew."

"I didn't care. It can be forbidden, but I will always love you Syrena."

Syrena wrapped her around his neck and sat herself on his lap. She lays her head on his bare shoulder.

"Do you think I'm....changing?" Syrena asked.

"What do you mean?" Nuada asked.

"Changing. Turning into one of them-the golden army. How else am I suppose to explain me crying oil?"

"But the golden army don't cry, Syrena. They don't have feelings."

"But I am the first golden solider. And I have feelings!"

"Your fine. Your still the Syrena I love."

Syrena gave a small smile. Nuada cupped Syrena's face in his hands and pulled her into a kiss. He pulled away.

"Stay here. I have someone who wants to see you." Nuada said.

Syrena got off his lap as Nuada got up and went the door. She played with the broken material of her dress as and waited until Nuada came back. And when he did he brought back someone she hadn't seen in awhile.

"Wink!" Syrena said.

The big troll stood behind Nuada, a smile in his face. Or at least Syrena thought he was smiling. She got up off her bed and tackled him into a hug.

"Your back!" Syrena said.

Syrena pulled away and looked at him.

"Next time listen to me, please." Syrena said.

Wink nods before petting Syrena on the head. She laughed and turn towards Nuada. She moved Winks hand off her head and walked over to Nuada. Syrena wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you." Syrena said.

"Not as much as I do." Nuada said with a smile.

Syrena lifted up her head and kissed him. Suddenly someone came bursting through the door.

"WHAT IS THIS?!"

The two pulled away as Juriki came storming towards the to of them. Nuada grabbed Syrena and pulled her behind him. Juriko made it in front if Nuada and growled.

"Move." Juriko said.

"I think not." Nuada said.

"Move or I'll make you." She threatened.

"Try too....I dare you."

The both of them were glarring each other down. Syrena looked back and forth at her mother and Nuada.

"Please! Just stop this!" Syrena pleaded.

Syrena stepped out from behind Nuada and her mother glanced at her.

"Mother...I love him. I do. And there's nothing that you can do to change that." Syrena said.

"It is forbidden." Juriko said.

"Do you love me? Do care about my happiness?"

"Of course I do! Your my daughter, if someone was to make you unhappy I would punish them."

"Your making me unhappy by telling me I can't be with Nuada. Please mother let me have my happiness."

Syrena put a hand in her mothers shoulder. Juriko turned her head away and looked behind her. Wink stood by the open door. He let out a huff.

"Juriko..." Wink said.

"Fine." Juriko said.

She shrugged Syrena's hand off her shoulder and looked at Nuada before walking out of the door, slamming it behind her. Syrena went to go after her but Nuada grabbed her arm.

"Leave her for now." Nuada said.

Syrena looked back at the spot her mother had just been. The sound of a plane came from outside and Syrena walked out onto her balcony. Nuada and Wink trailing behind. She looked up and saw a big back plane land over the village and close to the shore.

"Humans." Nuada said. Wink let out a growl.

"Their here, they've come to stop me." Syrena said.

"They can't."

"They have a weapon to use against me and my people, Nuada. They won't stop until I'm dead."

"Their not going to touch you. We must sound the alarms." Nuada said. Syrena nods her head.

Time to go into battle.