Chapter 32 : Black Tears

Syrena walked around her castle, nodding her head when ever she would past by someone in the hall. Everyone knew that the golden army was awaken again. And they couldn't have been more happy. Syrena had a flower crown in her head, the band and vines that were around it made out of gold and white roses covered it as well. She also wore a long silk golden dress that had long sleeves that were see through.

Things with her and Nuada have been rather....fun. She couldn't lie to herself she was in love with him. She knew it from the first time they meet but wasn't sure. Syrena actually walked around with a skip in her step. All thanks to Nuada. As Syrena made it outside of the castle and past the gates the two big golden soldiers that were on guard looked down at her and bowed at her presence. She bowed as well, a look of playfulness in her eyes as the walked past them and into her village.

Everyone were ether training, harvesting fruit and vegetables, playing games, telling stories to one another, or laughing with each other. It brought a smile to Syrena's face as she looked at everyone. This was the kind of atmosphere she remembered as a kid. Before the wars, before the golden army. Syrena saw a women with short hair and light brown skin. She ran up behind her and covered their eyes.

"Guess who!" Syrena said.

"Hm...Could it be my wonderful goddaughter?"

Syrena took her hands off their eyes as the lady turned around. She pulled Syrena into a hug.

"Hi Maka!" Syrena said cheerfully.

"Hello Syrena! Don't you look lovely this morning! Your practically glowing!" Maka said pulling away.

"Thank you."

"I think I know who's responsible for your cheery mood." Maka said with a smile.

Syrena blushed and looked down at her bare feet that was getting covered in sand. No one here really knew about Syrena and Nuada's relationship. Not even her mother. But Syrena could tell Maka, she could keep a secret.

"Have you seen my mother?" Syrena asked.

"Not really. She could be with the intruder." Maka said.

"Intruder....the one from a few days before?" Syrena asked.

"Yep. She's been keeping watch on him, beating him. He hasn't said a word, didn't even scream every time she cut him with her blade." Maka said.

"What does this intruder look like?" Syrena asked.

"Human. Pretty tall. Pale skin, brown hair and eyes. Has a scar on his chin."

Syrena felt her heart thump in her chest.

"Did he say his name?" Syrena asked.

"Nope, not a word. Say-"

"I'll talk to you later Maka." Syrena said quickly walking away back towards the castle.

Syrena made her way down into the dungeon. It was made out of dirt and the bars were made out of roots very tight, strong roots. As she made it to the end she saw a light and a talk shadow. Syrena got closer and saw her mother. She was bent over a table which a very bruised and bloody Myers laid strapped against. His shirt was gone showing the deep cuts that were on his chest but his pants were still on.

"What is going in?" Syreana asked.

"Ah, Syrena. I was wondering when you would show up." Juriko said.