Chapter 20: Solid Golden Puddle

Syrena had took a plane back to Bethromra.This time it was one she didn't steal. As the driver lanes the plane her turned around and gave her a glance.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay and wait for you miss?" he asked.

"I'm sure. You've got all your money I no longer need you." Syrena said.

Getting off the plane with a bag that had her bow and arrows on it she started to make her way towards the shore line. Once getting to the sand she took off her shoes and walked they way towards her village like how she remembered.

When she got to the village her heart stopped. Bones, arrows, and spears covered the ground. The huts were tore down and burnt. Syrena walked a head and went inside her and her mothers hut.

Drawings were on the walls,Weapons, bowls for fruit. She went and touched her old bed. She pulled her hand back, scared that all the memories would come back. Walking out she ran the way towards the well. Pushing away leaves and branches she finally got there. She went to look for her mothers bones,but she couldn't find them or any other bones for that matter.

"Look who decided to came back."

Syrena turned around and saw the goblin again.

"Are you following me?" Syrena asked.

"Yes."

"Creep." Syrena muttered.

"So my dear,why did you come back?" he asked.

"I want answer. My mother said that I had a purpose, a destiny that had to be fulfilled. Do you know what?" She asked.

"I don't."

Syrena unzipped her bag and took out her bow and an arrow and pointed it at him.

"Lies! What ever she was talking about you were apart if it! So tell me!" She said.

"I don't know what your talking about! I was friends with your mother. I told her about the offer I was going to give to King Balor! She said that she would help me!"

"How?"

"A veil. Of some liquid she told me it would help the army be unstoppable so I took it. Whatever it was I don't know!"

Syrena lowered her bow. She looked around and sighed. She wouldn't get answers here, it was just a waste of time.

"Take me too the golden army chamber."

With a nod he lead her back to the shore and way from village.

¸.•*¨*'•¸.•*¨*'•

They made it to the chamber. It looked just the same as it was when Syrena left. She touched one of the golden soldiers and ran her hand down its back.

"I must go. I would walk with you but I can't get any father than here." the goblin said looking down at the floor.

"It's alright. Thank you." Syrena said.

Climbing on one of the soldiers, she jumped and ran on top of their heads to get to the top of the golden steps. Jumping off the last one and landing on the ground. She looked down at the spot were Nuada's broke statue was and saw that it was still there, but Nuala's was gone.

The B.P.R.D. probably took it or gave her to a museum. Syrena turned her head towards the small golden puddle that was stuck on the floor. The crown. She kneeled down next to it. What was once a weapon to control an army was now a puddle on the floor. Sticking out her she touched it putting her whole hand on it.

A small smile came on her face that soon diss speared as her hand started to burn. She pulled it back and saw that her whole hand was red. The golden puddle started to glow and then turned in to liquid. It made a trail towards Syrena and she got up backing away which just made it go faster. She hit her back against on of the soldiers and the liquid went up onto her at all sides. She started to try and brush the liquid off but it just got on her hands and continued to crawl up from there.

It went up her neck and started to go in her mouth,up her nose, ears and eyes. Syrena dropped to the floor in pain. Her necklace glowed as the golden liquid went over it. The remaining of the crown seeps into her skin as Syrena blacks out,but before she does she hears the sound of rocks clumping back together.