Chapter 10: We Meet Again

Syrena woke up from her head pounding. She got up and stretched her back and took in her surroundings. She saw nothing but stone and a few pillows here and there,there were steps that lead up to what sounded like a market. But instead of hearing English she heard trolls and other languages being spoken. Was she at the troll market,or at least under it?

"I see your awake."

Syrena turned her head and saw someone come out of the shadows.

"Nuada." she said.

He walked up to her bowing slightly.

"Princess."he said.

"Why am I here?" she asked.

"You don't remember?" He asked her.

Syrena thought about it. The alley, those men. A roar and so many dead bodies on the ground. Then someone picking her up and caring her.

"You and Wink. You killed those men.You saved me." She said

"Yes."

"I didn't need your help you know."

Nuada smirked before sitting down besides her.

"Why is it that when I try to help you want to reject it?"

"I guess you'll have to figure that out yourself." she said.

Syrena got up and looked around. She put her hand against the walk and ran her fingers down the stone before putting it back to her side. She heard heavy breathing and turned her head to see Mr. Wink.

"I've been meaning to say thank you, for warning me." she said to the troll.

"And thank you Nuada for saving me... even though I didn't need to be saved." Syrena said.

"Of course you didn't. As always." He said. Syrena then remembered something and sent a glare at the elf.

"You! How do you know where I live and did you change me out of my dress?!" Syrena asked walking up to Nuada.

"You told me your address while you were slipping in and out of your sleep. And for the second question...you have a beautiful body." he said.

Syrena glared at him, pink tints coming onto her cheek before she slapped him in the face. Wink just stood there minding his own business.

"Do something like that again and I will tear your hands off and eyes out!" She said her eyes glowing yellow.

"That's not a nice thing to say to someone who saved you from being killed." Nuada said.

Syrena folded her arms against her chest and turned her head away from the elf.She heard Wink shuffle his feet against the floor.

"I still need to know why you wanted that crown piece. It's from bethromra I know that yet I know nothing about the crown piece."

"That is a lie. There must be something's you know,they just haven't came to mind yet. Sit. Think." Nuada said.

Syrena sat down next to Nuada as she started to think. Crown piece. Nuada. Bethromra. Syrena wished her father was here, he could help her figure it out. It would probably be in one of his stories in his book.

"Stories..." Syrena said. She stood up and paced around. Eyes closed as she thought back to the stories she was told to as a child.

"Man...humans. At the dawn of time, where reckless. Killed any creature in site,they wanted the world to be theirs. King...king of the elves. He had a goblin make him the crow piece that controlled the army!" Syrena said. She froze in the middle of her pacing.

"The golden army." she whispered. Syrena opened her eyes all the pieces coming together.

"Your the king's son! But you were in exile! You want to find the crown pieces so you can awake the golden army!"

"You are right. And I've already got two of the crown pieces. I only need one more and the location of the golden army." Nuada said.

"But are you crazy?! I may hate the humans a butt load much as you do but there are some who are actually good. The golden army can not be awaken,it will cause nothing but blood shed." Syrena said.

"Do you not recall what the humans did to your kind?To your family?" Nuada asked.

"No.I'll never forget. I was just a girl. I still have nightmares about it.I should be dead. I shouldn't have lived. Why did my mother help me? She could have gotten the others to the closet shore,to safety. Yet she was too busy helping me." Syrena said touching her necklaces.

"That is why you didn't want my help." Nuada said quietly. He looked towards Syrena who had a tear going down her eye.

"I wanted to die that day. There is no point of living if you have nothing left to live for. No loves ones to care for." Syrena said. She leaned against the stone wall and slide down onto the floor,her knees up to her chest as she put her head down.

"Leave us Mr. Wink. You have a task to do." Nuada said.

Wink nods his head before going up the steps and into the market. Nuada gets up from his spot and kneels in front of Syrena.

"Your mother." Nuada started. "She was very close with my family. She was probably one of the most smart,strong and bravest creatures I've ever met. She saved Wink." Nuada said.

Syrena lifted up her head,tears stopped streaming down her cheeks.

"She did?" Syrena asked.

"Yes. He was going to be slaughtered when your mother saved him. And let's just say it wasn't pretty. Your mother was a true siren at heart." Nuada said.

"I know,she killed men in front of me once. Clawing,ripping and biting. Blood and flesh on the ground and in the water."

Nuada sat down at the other side of her.

"Have you ever killed anyone like that?"

"No. I know it is in my nature,thats how we kill but I'm not very found of killing that way."

"I see."

Syrena turned too look at him.

"Do you have my bow and arrows?" She asked.

"They are over there." Nuada said pointing to them hanging on the wall. Syrena got up and ran to then holding her bow.

"Have you ever learned archery?"

"No."

"Would you let me teach you?" Syrena asked.

"I don't see why not." Nuada said with a smile which Syrena returned.